Notice about earthlink and other ISPs who have spam blockers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
WebSlave
Arrow Notice about earthlink and other ISPs who have spam blockers

I get quite a few emails like this:
Quote:
I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:
Just for the record, I do NOT click on the provided link to approve my email address to your ISP. I just do not have the time to go through that stuff everytime I get a bouncback email. Therefore your activation email when you registered here, nor any subsequent emails are likely to get through to you. It is up to YOU to make sure that the email address of messages from this site (webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com) is preapproved and able to pass through your spam blocker software. Your emailing me about problems will be fruitless because any reply I may make will be BLOCKED as well.

If this affects YOU, then YOU have to take steps to correct the problem.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
WebSlave
BTW, some ISP's are down right terrible concerning blocking legitimate emails. Yahoo is one of the worst, and it was quite interesting when I was looking at contacting a software vendor and saw this notice they made:

Quote:
Yahoo! mail not supported 01 Jan, 2012
Unfortunately, we can not support Yahoo! mail anymore. Their services keep blocking our e-mails (including support) despites their confirmation to allow it.
It's highly recommended to switch from Yahoo! mail to a normal and stable e-mail provider, like Gmail.
You can thank us later :-)
I don't know how many times I strongly considered doing the same thing.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
Anything linked to Microsoft has been bad lately too (@hotmail, @msn). We run our own email servers for our clientele and have to change the ip address at least every other month because Microsoft is always blocking our servers even though we know each and every last client and none are doing anything they shouldn't be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!