New York state law issues - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 06-30-2004, 06:58 PM   #31
BennyD
Yikes

PETA needs to get over it. Mr. Pitaki has mail. Also, I think this post should get a sticky.

Old 06-30-2004, 07:54 PM   #32
Zoo Supply
Hey Guys

Hey Guys I am a family friend of Randy Kuhl, he is a NY State Senator, I will email him, and see if I can help do anything about this.
Tom Snyder

Old 06-30-2004, 08:05 PM   #33
Zoo Supply
Just emailed him

Hey just emailed randy, I will keep you all posted as to what the response is.
TOM Snyder

Old 06-30-2004, 09:09 PM   #34
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Hey Guys I am a family friend of Randy Kuhl, he is a NY State Senator, I will email him, and see if I can help do anything about this.
AWESOME!!!!!!!

Thank you for the sticky Rich YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2004, 11:43 PM   #35
E2MacPets
Re: Hey Guys

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoo Supply
Tom Snyder
Hopefully, its never too late to do something.

I must remind you that this already passed in the NY Senate. But hopefully we can still get this shot down and you can also aid Randy Kuhl in arguing against similar bills in the future!

Old 07-01-2004, 12:30 AM   #36
Zoo Supply
This is why......

This is why we all need to join PIJAC and have our own regulation...I know this will probably open a can of worms, but anyone that knows me, knows that I have been saying this for years. The reptile industry has to self-govern itself to keep the government from mandating "blanket" laws that ruin our industry.
TOM Snyder

Old 07-01-2004, 02:39 AM   #37
RTBoas
There is alot to be said here

Thank you for sending your thoughts and concerns to Governor Pataki. Your email has been received and will be forwarded to the appropriate staff for review.

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A02684&sh=t

I wrote him about the ban on the Boids. Of course there are others in the ban such as the following

1 Section 1. Legislative findings. The legislature finds that keeping
2 exotic animals as pets poses a serious threat to the health and safety
3 of New York state residents. Wild animals, including but not limited to,
4 monkeys, tigers and venomous snakes, are readily available for purchase
5 throughout New York state.
6 Across the country, children have been mauled by tigers, asphyxiated
7 by snakes, and bitten by monkeys. Wild animals kept as pets can transmit
8 serious diseases to people, including Herpes B, Salmonella and Ebola
9 virus.

As to Boids which I own a few of as of right now like Clay said in earlier post there has not been any asphyxiated by snakes of the smaller Boids such as ball pythons, children's pythons, and others, even including common boa constrictors for which there has never been a recorded human fatality.

The person who wrote this bill has no education in Reptiles Period, this totally evident. I could understand banning a snake greater then 15 feet or something like that but all Boids?

As for VENOMOUS snakes, I can't see why anyone would really want to own one, but it there choice.

If I had more time I could write a book or even amend the state Legislatives shortcoming.

This is still a free country and we all need to go to bat on topics like this, I encourage you all the write Governor George E. Pataki.

Even if you’re not in NYC, New York

Email him here

Old 07-01-2004, 02:42 AM   #38
RTBoas
opps!! email him here

Thanks

http://161.11.3.75/

Old 07-01-2004, 10:52 AM   #39
Vince
doesnt this bill include monkeys and other exotics? and i think this bill should only include crocs and snakes that grow larger then 6 foot.

Old 07-01-2004, 11:12 AM   #40
Vince
and hots.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!