Tapatalk Problem w/ Attached Pics in Ads - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:21 AM   #11
WebSlave
Actually, I was not aware that this site did any resizing at all for images. When I set it up many moons ago, it sure didn't do any, and the specification I set up were hard limits. So it seems that something must have changed to allow resizing, and then apparently went away. So perhaps it was actually something in the OS instead of the native vBulletin coding. Perhaps something to do with this image processing module(s) being used.

Server OS software and supporting modules are changing all of the time, which can present pretty much an infinite source of headaches. Sometimes known bugs and exploits are not fixed as specific patches, but are instead only rolled out during the next scheduled update. Which means that in order to get such bug fixes and hacker exploits plugged up, you often have to accept an update that might just break something else.

As for this particular problem, I'm still going to treat the limits stated for attachments as being HARD limits. If uploads exceed those limits, then the uploader will be on their own concerning getting it to work for them. There needs to be limits for image size as well as file size. If the software doesn't do it for you automatically, then I am afraid that such limits will have to be dealt with manually.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:54 AM   #12
nickolasanastasiou
Yeah, it is not a big deal. I think some of us got soft because the resizing was happening (and still is to a different degree) without us doing anything, so when the tolerance or limit shifted, it took us by surprise a little. Now that I have tinkered with it a bit more, it is easy for me to simply tell people to resize their files and try again until it works. Want animal money? Put in an extra few minutes to work for it. Not a high hurdle at all.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:08 PM   #13
WebSlave
I checked with my programmer and he felt that a setting that controls the max upload file size in PHP must have been altered. So I checked with my server guys, and apparently it was set kind of low. So they bumped it up substantially.

When anyone gets a chance, please test that attachment upload function again with files that would not work for you before. Let's see if that helped any.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #14
nickolasanastasiou
I will be crafting an ad very shortly and will check. Thanks for looking into it.

Old 04-02-2019, 06:32 PM   #15
nickolasanastasiou
Improved. I could not get it to accept the full-file-size originals, so that persisted, but with a 50% resize, I could at least attach all four prior to upload whereas before I still had to upload one at a time. I can certainly live with this and I appreciate the improvement where it has applied.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #16
WebSlave
What are the dimensions and file size of your originals?

And then after you resized them?

Old 04-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #17
nickolasanastasiou
For the first example that I tried after our posts today:

Original:
4608 x 3456 pixels
3.38 MB
Failed to upload.

After a resize using a 50% preset (which is a pixel thing from the look of the numbers):
2304 x 1728 pixels
888 KB
Successfully uploaded and allowed for multiples.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #18
WebSlave
Hmm, according to what the server guys told me, the settings they made should have allowed your original images to post.

I took a look myself, as there are settings I can change myself to increase the memory allocation in PHP, so I increased the values to where I think your original images should upload properly. How about giving it a whirl and see if it works now?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #19
nickolasanastasiou
Happy to.

Success!

Thanks, Rich. Now I will answer some PMs and other messages about this very topic from members (a lot of the chelonian people reach out readily).
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #20
WebSlave

I'm glad it is not storing the original file on the server.

DSCN6888.jpg (225.8 KB)

Cuts it down quite a bit, it appears.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
tapatalk