Info Thomas Muller aka marsweather - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
Abby
Thomas Muller aka marsweather

First and foremost, I am NOT claiming this guy is trying to scam, but his ad definitely seems fishy. Link to ad:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...921#post970921

He's removed the picture in question but here's a screenshot:

That picture belongs to a fellow Fauna member who happens to be one of my Admins on my forum, and a good friend. She hatched this animal not long ago and posted many pics of it on our forum, here:

http://medusascircle.zxq.net/index.php?topic=733.0

The other images in his ad also appear to belong to someone else. Just a heads up

Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
PAVLOVK1025
Another one bites the dust. And another one does and another one does, another one bites the dust.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Nice job Abby

Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
bloodybaroness
I honestly don't think a single one of the photos are his. I'd be curious to see what the response is if you asked for a new photo of the snakes with a hand written note card beside them.

Good catch!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybaroness View Post
I honestly don't think a single one of the photos are his. I'd be curious to see what the response is if you asked for a new photo of the snakes with a hand written note card beside them.

Good catch!
IMO, i think the phrases "I don't have a camera at the moment", or "I take lousy pictures" are a few that comes to mind if the OP was asked to provide new photos, but that's just me.

Awesome Job catching this, Abby

Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
TheFragginDragon
Anyone know what 'DNZ' means?

Also, the grammer suggests he is not placing the ad from Houston TX, but I could be wrong.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
I was wondering the same thing

Old 06-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #8
bloodybaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
I was wondering the same thing.

This was the result of my googling the term.

Acronym Definition
DNZ Democratic National Union (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
DNZ Demokratska Narodna Zajednica (Serbian: Democratic National Union)
DNZ Diabetes New Zealand Inc.
DNZ Domain Name Zone (blog)

Either way here's at least one more possible scammer caught be vigilant folks here.

Wonder if he's even going to plead his case?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Daequix
I generally don't participate in these BOI threads except to contribute positive statements when needed... However I will verify that is my exact picture, taken by me, taken in my home in my hatchling rack, and IS my albino produced this year. My images are subject to copyright laws.

Abby thank you so much for the catch and alerting me to this.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daequix View Post
I generally don't participate in these BOI threads except to contribute positive statements when needed... However I will verify that is my exact picture, taken by me, taken in my home in my hatchling rack, and IS my albino produced this year. My images are subject to copyright laws.

Abby thank you so much for the catch and alerting me to this.
No problem

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!