Not good in Wisconsin - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #11
kmarsh
I do hope that any one with more info on this story will keep us posted. What bothers me is how we took the leap from a sexual assault case at a home to a leap to reptiles at a warehouse. Even if she had illegal animals, what took them to this warehouse and why?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #12
steelersdiehard
Terry Speaks Out

Here is a link to Terry's statement
http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100...,6450177.story

Here's the entire statement from Terry Cullen:
"I have been trying to deal with this Machiavellian nightmare while out of town and gravely ill. Far from "being on the run" I have been back in town with my attorneys for the past two days engaged in the appropriate, necessary legal formalities. I am overwhelmingly concerned for the well being of our animals; the terrible stresses that they have been subjected to and their transport to utterly unfamiliar surroundings. My heart truly breaks at the very thought of the loss of my best friends and loyal companions, Pogo and Kong, our two dogs. You have no concept of our pain at their loss. While the much of the media has vilified and excoriated me with inaccuracies, half-truths and shameful sensationalism, the truth lies far, far from their irresponsible, knee-jerk rantings. Jane and I have devoted our all to conservation. Our shattered lives and reputations have been our reward." Terry Cullen

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100...,6450177.story

Old 05-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #13
kmarsh
Thank you Brent for that update and please keep us posted if any one else hears more on this matter. I am so tired of us being treated as criminals for caring for animals that others could care less about to start with. My heart goes out to them in the loss of their pets and this tragis situation for all.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #14
StrictlyExotics
There was also a link on Rotten.com to the article in the newspaper there. I decided that I DIDNT want to post it simply because of the obvious lies in the story. Not that I know this person but they always seem to make us out to be crazy among other things.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #15
LoboGfx
LIl Update:
Quote:
A distressed Terry Cullen spoke to TODAYS TMJ4 reporter Shelley Walcott this morning... saying recent media coverage of reptiles seized from buildings he owns has ruined his life.

Cullen also spoke to a reporter at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, complaining that Milwaukee Police were keeping the animals in unheated city garages... something he called utterly cruel.

But Milwaukee Police say that is absolutely not true, and that the animals were in absolutely horrible condition when they were found.

Terry Cullen says he is in Milwaukee. But police say they do not know where he is but are anxious to talk to him.

Cullen says he's anxious to tell his story too, but when he does it will be on his terms.... and his time.

Source: HERE

Here is a Video of the news: WATCH ME

Old 05-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
joepythons
more

I had this video sent to me.Its from the viperkeeper and states no one is being charged with anything now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhkh1...&feature=email

Old 05-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #17
MiIguanaLvr
Although I do not know Terry (met him in passing at Tinley twice) I will say that this does seem to be overkill on the part of the authorities. I did see where one of the articles I read said that the grounds for confiscation of the animals was the laws against keeping some of them within city limits of Milwaukee.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #18
LoboGfx
Some updates on the topic:

Quote:
Charges Expected for 2 Behind Milwaukee Reptile House
Posted Saturday May 22, 2010 6 hours, 56 minutes ago

MILWAUKEE, Wis. (WTAQ) - Prosecutors say they expect to file charges next week against 2 people responsible for hundreds of reptiles found living in a Milwaukee house. The targets weren't name, but investigators have reportedly been focused on Terry Cullen and Jane Flint.
Whole story HERE

Also, this post of from 05/15/10, I do not know if you guys found/read it already.. its on BLBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuLong View Post
Hi, I found this thread in a search looking for more news on Terry and I thought I would clear up some information. I just spoke to Terry and he told me a few things. First many of the animals in his Milwaukee facility are rescues that he is working with on a daily basis. He had a flood in his Chicago facility and had to move all of the animals from there to Milwaukee in a rush and then had to leave town for a week. He didn't have enough time to get everyone situated. One of his employees was there when the police came and she asked the police to please wait until she put the dogs away, but they refused, busted in the door and immediately shot the dogs. One was running away and was shot outside the door. His neighbor saw the whole thing. They are very rare dogs and Terry really loved them. He showed pictures of them to everybody. He was clearly very shaken up about it when he was telling me. As far as the assault charges, he says they now switched to threatening him with LACEY violations and trafficking, which he says is ridiculous. He has all the paperwork on everything that needs paperwork. Apparently he is not being charged with anything right now.
Terry has been very outspoken about the python ban and he feels he may have had a plant in his facility. He also says he has a rocky relationship with the local police. No matter what he was being charged with, they had to know he wasn't there, and there was no reason to break in the door and shoot the dogs. That's about all I know.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
SERPENTS DEN
I'm surprised the authorities haven't branded Terry with a crap load of bogus charges to back up their claims of having a legitimate reason the reptiles needed to be rescued and his two dogs shot to death.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #20
StrictlyExotics
I am visioning this happening a lot in the near future. Makes me think of the old McCarthy hearings of the 50s.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!