Homestead Reptile Farm Site Of SRT Standoff - March 31, 2011 3:30 PM - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #21
WebSlave
I think FACTS would be more valuable at this point.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #22
brd7666
My advise is let this go for now. I have made some phone calls today, and looked into this. If what I have been told is true, as to why the argument started in the first place, then no one in their right might would post in an open forum as to what started it. I believe in time it will come out, but as of now, I don't think it would be appropriate for someone to post about how it all started. If I were Tom, I would have sought legal council first thing this morning. I really don't think Tom will post about this any time soon. It's a tragic situation to say the least. So, if you don't know what happened, I would hope that you will refrain from all the guessing, and speculation, it really isn't helping anything. I wish everyone involved the best.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #23
anthonym
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
My advise is let this go for now. I have made some phone calls today, and looked into this. If what I have been told is true, as to why the argument started in the first place, then no one in their right might would post in an open forum as to what started it. I believe in time it will come out, but as of now, I don't think it would be appropriate for someone to post about how it all started. If I were Tom, I would have sought legal council first thing this morning. I really don't think Tom will post about this any time soon. It's a tragic situation to say the least. So, if you don't know what happened, I would hope that you will refrain from all the guessing, and speculation, it really isn't helping anything. I wish everyone involved the best.
^
This.

Thanks

Old 04-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
JordanAng420
GREAT post, Brian.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #25
KelliH
Yeah, no one ever speculates or guesses on Fauna.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #26
Wraith
This was posted on Kingsnake.com:

Request for privacy from Crutchfield family
By Cindy Steinle
Fri, April 1 2011 at 14:09

Quote:
This morning I spoke with a very worn out Michele Crutchfield. While the events are still being straightened out with the occurance at the Farm, Michele asked that we pass along this message to the entire reptile community.

Quote:
We want to thank everyone for their concern and kind words during this hard time for our family. What we ask now is that everyone takes a step back and allows our family the time to grieve and heal. No matter what occurred yesterday at the farm, Bruce Stephenson was a wonderful family friend and we need time to ourselves to handle this tragedy. We ask that our reptile community gives our family the chance to heal without additional stress. Within a few days we will have more, but right now, please respect our privacy.
As we said before, our thoughts here at kingsnake are with The Crutchfield and Stephenson Families.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #27
westsidedragons
I don't know either person in this tragedy. But both families will be in my prayers.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #28
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
This was posted on Kingsnake.com:

Request for privacy from Crutchfield family
By Cindy Steinle
Fri, April 1 2011 at 14:09
Good luck there...every story hunter is already calling trying to be the first to dig up the story. Just like in the media...

Old 04-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #29
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
Then why open a homicide investigation?

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...tom_crutch.php

Old 04-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #30
two_leaf_clover
Homicide investigations are almost ALWAYS opened in the case of a death like this--especially when there is a gun involved. It doesn't matter if it is obviously self inflicted, they have to open the investigation to prove that there wasn't a homicide. I truly hope that this investigation goes well and that there are no more complications for the families involved! This was a terrible thing to happen!

Until it has been proven to be a suicide or otherwise all they can say is that a death occured. Unfortunately the media likes to run with this sort of story, so I hope it doesn't get too popular for everyone's sake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!