Woman freed from jaws of python by policeman - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
rcarichter
I agree Lucille. And it doesn't help our reputation when people have to rescued from their own pets.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
this is just another hit to our hobby.and to give the cop a medal is a political joke!!! im sick of dumb a**'s hurting the rest of us. i think that the women should be put in jail for animal cruelty!! if you don't know how to get a lil eight ft snake off you then you shouldnt have it in the first place. feeding response or not theres no excuse for neglect and improper handling. and to have a child there to boot is just dumb. at this rate we will all be lucky to own a ball python. i and many other burm owners had to put in hrs of research just to let someone who wants to be cool destroy it for all of us. its not hard to handle and care for these guys you just need to put in the time and work!!!

"just cause you have it does not mean you earned it"

Old 04-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman25 View Post
to give the cop a medal is a political joke!!!
I disagree, and am puzzled by your vehemence. This police officer arrived at this woman's house, perhaps he did not know about snakes, it doesn't say, but he stepped right up and helped. I think for someone not accustomed to reptiles it might take courage to do what he did.
I have the greatest respect for most LEOs, and a lot of respect for this one.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I disagree, and am puzzled by your vehemence. This police officer arrived at this woman's house, perhaps he did not know about snakes, it doesn't say, but he stepped right up and helped. I think for someone not accustomed to reptiles it might take courage to do what he did.
I have the greatest respect for most LEOs, and a lot of respect for this one.
really i dont think so. how many cops risk there lives and never get notice at all? the only reason this cop is is because it gives ammo to politicians in the form of media attention against are hobby. i think a pat on the back or good job is enough for what he did. im not saying that he is a bad man or looking for the attention but to get a medal for simply pulling a lil burm off is not just to warrant such a honor. so yes i think it is a joke that he get a medal!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #15
futureherpbreeder
I usually have a fith of cheap whiskey,vodka, or some other type of alcohol easily accessible. I have had snakes attach each other, and with just a small splash of alcohol, they would imediately let each other go. I have even used a can of beer.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #16
dzoo
Quote:
Bryant will get a citation for bravery from the Lyons City Council

Well I am owed several citations if you can get em for prying a snake off someone (ok well mainly myself)!

Quote:
I have had snakes attach each other, and with just a small splash of alcohol, they would imediately let each other go. I have even used a can of beer.
I don't know, smacking them with a can of beer could definately hurt a smaller snake! But good suggestion, I have found waterless hand sanitizer is great for this purpose, a little dab around the mouth and they let go quickly! Then open the can and drink the beer to dull the pain.

Pic of a recent
Quote:
SFE (stupid feeding error)
and the aftermath - luckily I had back up available and didn't have to call 911 !
I will be awaiting my citation of bravery in the mail.......
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #17
futureherpbreeder
Just to clarify, I never mentioned "smacking it with a can of beer" I meant opening the can of beer and pouring a very small amount (maybe a teaspoon) in their mouth which in my opinion would be safer than sanitizer of any kind.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #18
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzoo View Post
Well I am owed several citations if you can get em for prying a snake off someone (ok well mainly myself)!

I don't know, smacking them with a can of beer could definately hurt a smaller snake! But good suggestion, I have found waterless hand sanitizer is great for this purpose, a little dab around the mouth and they let go quickly! Then open the can and drink the beer to dull the pain.

Pic of a recent and the aftermath - luckily I had back up available and didn't have to call 911 !
I will be awaiting my citation of bravery in the mail.......
your citation is in the mail.lol by the looks of that killer snake on your finger your lucky to be alive at all. i think you should cut off the blood flow before you bleed to death.lol

Old 04-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #19
dzoo
Exclamation

Just to clarify - I in no way intended to seriously suggest that Joshua ( futureherpbreeder ) advocates smacking snakes with beer cans.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #20
futureherpbreeder
LOL thanks Jon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!