Man feeds kitten to burmese python in UK - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #51
akonitony
The basic attributes of a domesticated animal is they never experience growing up and becoming independent from their owner. They will always look to their owner like they would their mother, much unlike wild animals that are eventually taught to fend for themselves. Now this doesn't hold true for ferral animals, but the point is a kitten such as Jasmin looked at her demented owner as she would her mother, and in that little animal brain of her's, she was deceived and left to die an inhumane death. Like I said earlier, karma is a "female dog", and it would be ironic if through a very strange series of events, that guy ended up as tiger poo.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #52
FosterHerpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonitony View Post
The basic attributes of a domesticated animal is they never experience growing up and becoming independent from their owner. They will always look to their owner like they would their mother, much unlike wild animals that are eventually taught to fend for themselves. Now this doesn't hold true for ferral animals, but the point is a kitten such as Jasmin looked at her demented owner as she would her mother, and in that little animal brain of her's, she was deceived and left to die an inhumane death. Like I said earlier, karma is a "female dog", and it would be ironic if through a very strange series of events, that guy ended up as tiger poo.
How was the death inhumane?

Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #53
radera5
I was also wondering the same thing?

Old 01-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #54
Mike Schultz
being speared/chewed and then squeezed so hard your blood stops pumping is totally humane!

yes we keep predators and care for them accordingly, but dont try to sugarcoat it! Live feeding is sometimes necessary but it's not a fun way to check out of Life Hotel

Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #55
Morelia4life
I have actually read that a snake consticting a rat is a faster death than the rat being hit in the back of the head with a hammer. I don't know if that is correct or not but that is beside the point. I myself would never feed a live kitten to a snake. I also would never film it just for laughs. Nothing is funny about that, but like others said before, what is the difference between a kitten and a bunny or a rat? Just because the kitten is "cute" and the rat isn't cute, it is ok for the rat to die but not the kitten?

In the wild do you think if a python came across a kitten, the python would say" oh I am sorry Mr. Kitten, I can't eat you because you are a cat. Carry on"? No, the python would do what comes naturally and kill and consume the cat. Do I agree with what the sick dude did? No. The simple point is, that if he had filmed a live rat being killed and consumed by a snake, no body would even care. People would say "good it is a nasty rat", but since it is a kitten, a "cute" kitten everybody is outraged. Just my .02 cents.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #56
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
I have actually read that a snake consticting a rat is a faster death than the rat being hit in the back of the head with a hammer. I don't know if that is correct or not
No, it's not correct, it can take minutes of constriction depending on the size of the prey. Nature is very cruel

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!