Inquiry Nathan Hortons Herps - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #21
TrulyRare
lol, at the Truly..and the Rare

Old 12-09-2008, 02:23 AM   #22
Spectrum Reptiles
Thumbs up Nathan........Good guy

Done quite a bit of business with Nathan and I can say he is honest and a good guy to do business with without a doubt.

Barry Lambert
Spectrum Reptiles

Old 02-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #23
Mike (The M)
On January 27th, I gave Nathan about $250, for some Loggerhead musk turtles he was offering. He said he was leaving for Florida that weekend, and I told him that was ok, to contact me when he got back to arrange for shipping.

I contacted him on January 30th to see how he made out in Florida, and he said he was still in Florida and asked if it would be ok to ship the following week. I said this was ok.

On February 6th, he contacted me and said he was still in Florida, but picked up some K. s. hippocrepis in his travels. He was also going to get some K. s. steindachneri, but said he hadn't made it that far.

This was the last communication I have had with him. His number is now disconnected, and he also pulled a no show on a meet up to deliver some turtles with another breeder last Tuesday.

If anyone hears from him, please let him know this thread is out there, and that he is being called into question.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #24
hhmoore
How do you know he pulled a no show on a delivery meet last Tuesday?
(Note - be careful with your response, remember, this is the BOI)

Old 02-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #25
Mike (The M)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (The M) View Post
On January 27th, I gave Nathan about $250, for some Loggerhead musk turtles he was offering. He said he was leaving for Florida that weekend, and I told him that was ok, to contact me when he got back to arrange for shipping.

I contacted him on January 30th to see how he made out in Florida, and he said he was still in Florida and asked if it would be ok to ship the following week. I said this was ok.

On February 6th, he contacted me and said he was still in Florida, but picked up some K. s. hippocrepis in his travels. He was also going to get some K. s. steindachneri, but said he hadn't made it that far.

This was the last communication I have had with him. His number is now disconnected, and he also pulled a no show on a meet up to deliver some turtles with another breeder last Tuesday.

If anyone hears from him, please let him know this thread is out there, and that he is being called into question.
I also forgot to mention that I contacted him on 2/14, and did not receive a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I was contacted today by another breeder in Florida asking if I had heard from Nathan, because they were supposed to meet up last Tuesday, and he never showed.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
hhmoore
That's what I thought....and why I added that note. Anonymous third party quotations are not admissible on the BOI. You can't post that somebody told you something without identifying the source.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
Mike (The M)
Quote:
That's what I thought....and why I added that note. Anonymous third party quotations are not admissible on the BOI. You can't post that somebody told you something without identifying the source.
Sorry about that. Am getting his permission now.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #28
Mike (The M)
An amendment to my initial post-

I was contacted by chelidman/Paul V (also registered here) asking if I had heard from him, as they were supposed to meet up last Tuesday, but Nathan did not show.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #29
chelidman
Quote:
Because I am the one he pulled a no-show on.
I sent him a somewhat substantial (4-figures) payment at the end of January. We were supposed to meet near Tampa, FL after I got off work around 6PM on 2/14, after Nathan had already backed out of two previous arrangements to meet on 2/4 and 2/12. The last time I spoke to Nathan on 2/12, he told me he would not be able to make it after all, but would definitely meet me after I got home from work on 2/14. After I got no response to my confirmation text on 2/14, I tried calling him only to find his phone had been disconnected.
I'm not trying to slam Nathan, simply stating the facts as they are. I am still holding out hope that he'll make right with me, but given that his phone is still disconnected and I have not heard from him via any other means, I can't say I'm vry optimistic.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #30
Mike (The M)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelidman View Post

I'm not trying to slam Nathan, simply stating the facts as they are. I am still holding out hope that he'll make right with me, but given that his phone is still disconnected and I have not heard from him via any other means, I can't say I'm vry optimistic.
Agreed. I only posted this in hopes that the word will get back to him to at least touch base rather than leave anyone hanging. I am still interested in the turtles, but if he doesn't have them, I just want my money back and call it a wash.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!