Clark Tucker of PowerHouse Reptiles - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #81
RJK890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard:
As for how you plan on selling any animals you produce, how far below the market are you planning on going? Remember, keeping it within competition is good business, cutting cost 75% so you get all the business, it is just going to stir people up and cause a thread like this one to appear, about you. It is your business, your animals, your decision on the prices you set. I always believed that about Joe, but I do not think it is good to kill the hobbiest who is keeping your company in business.
I was planning to avoid posting on the BOI after my 30 day suspension, but since this is post is in response to a post I made over a month ago, I want to address it.
I said that "crashing the market" was not my intention. However, I do expect the market to be lower in a year or two, and three than it is today. That's just the way it goes.
As an unknown seller/hobbyist, I suppose in order for a person to consider purchasing my animals instead of going to a well known breeder, I will have to price my animals at 10% - 20% below market value.
That will not affect the overall market since I am a only a hobbyist producing somewhere between 5 - 35 clutches. I also plan on holding back the majority of the females that I produce, and would prefer to trade my animals to other breeders for animals that they produce.
When, and if the time comes, where I am producing enough animals to be considered a Bush League Breeder, I would expect to have enough repeat customers and positive feedback(word of mouth) to be able to price my animals around 10% below market value and sell all but my holdbacks.
I do not think that would make me a "Bad Guy," and I am not exactly concerned with the public opinion of my character. If somebody wants to start "a thread like this one," about me(which is actually a "Good Guy" thread,) that's fine with me. I have a good conscience and as long as I do not do anything that impedes it(and I won't,) I am sure that my reputation will be fine.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #82
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890
I do not think that would make me a "Bad Guy," and I am not exactly concerned with the public opinion of my character. If somebody wants to start "a thread like this one," about me(which is actually a "Good Guy" thread,) that's fine with me. I have a good conscience and as long as I do not do anything that impedes it(and I won't,) I am sure that my reputation will be fine.
But you do care about the appearance of your character, whereas Joe does not. the difference is here in this thread, you have witnessed how it can so easily explode. Working within a 10% price range is considered good business and I do hope it all works out for you.

BTW, where did "Bush League Breeder" come from? I have not heard that term before.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #83
RJK890
Third Party Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo49er:
I have to agree with everyone in regards to Capone being no better than slime. My daughter purchased a Bumble Bee Ball Python that has a severe neurological disorder. It came this way and has progressively gotten worse to the point of this snake being a $1400.00 pet. Breeding is out of the question....and all I get from Clark Tucker is how dare I threaten his partner. He then offered up a generous (not) $700.00 credit to be applied towards the purchase of a new snake. Buyer beware........
Joe, First of all, third party info is not allowed on the BOI.
Otherwise, I would ask you why you are saying this Bee is a $1400 pet, when in fact your daughter paid $2k for a Pewter and a Bee. Was the Bee valued at $1400, and the Pewter $600? I doubt it.
Then again, It would all be third party info, so I won't ask.
It is well known that most Spider, and Spider combo's have the wobble to some degree. Some have it as hatchlings and loose it later, some do not have it as hatchlings and develop it later, and some may never display it but their offspring may? After 10 months you say that the wobble has gotten progressively worse.
The breeder does not want the animal back in his closed collection after 10 months outside his facility, and offered your daughter a $700 credit. How many other breeders would just tell you to piss off. That seems like a very generous offer to me.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #84
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Otherwise, I would ask you why you are saying this Bee is a $1400 pet, when in fact your daughter paid $2k for a Pewter and a Bee. Was the Bee valued at $1400, and the Pewter $600? I doubt it.........................
The breeder does not want the animal back in his closed collection after 10 months outside his facility, and offered your daughter a $700 credit. How many other breeders would just tell you to piss off. That seems like a very generous offer to me.
Out of curiosity, where did you get these figures? I've had plenty of people I've had good dealings with, but cannot tell you about the dealings they've had with others off the top of my head. It seems your relationship with Joe and Clark is more than just a random business dealing. Has this already been covered or posted? If so, and I'm mistaken, I apologize.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #85
RJK890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself:
I just completed my first transaction with Clark Tucker of Power House Reptiles and it was flawless.
I contacted Clark on Monday and offered my 1996 Ford E350 in trade for the 1. Pastel Lesser and .1 Bee he had advertised here in the fauna classifieds.
He replied to my email quickly, and accepted the trade offer. He asked me if I wanted to trade now, or wait until they had shed and taken 2-3 meals. I am not the waiting kind so we set it up for him to bring the snakes from Alabama down to me in Florida, and pick up the van on Wednesday. Clark kept in phone contact and arrived here Wed. to complete the deal.
It am very happy with the animals I received. It was an effortless transaction, and the first of many I'm sure.
Clark and I have kept in contact after our first transaction. We talk on the phone, and through emails about reptiles, kids, and life in general. Clark is a "Good Guy." He is shipping out my .2 Pinstripes this afternoon, and I am also purchasing a Perfect 1. Genetic Stripe from him as well.

Joe himself stated that his daughter has had the snake for at least 10 months, and that Clark offered a $700 credit. I did contact Clark this AM to discuss the post by Joe.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #86
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Joe himself stated that his daughter has had the snake for at least 10 months.
Where? He has made one post on FAUNA and it doesn't say anything about having it for ten months...

Old 07-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #87
MikeCurtin
Thanks for the clarification, Rob. Just seemed a little odd to me.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #88
Chameleon Company
Michael,
Since you asked, from one of the on-line dictionaries:

Quote:
bush-league:
1. Baseball: Of or belonging to a minor league.
2. Slang: Of inferior or unprofessional quality; second-rate
It is an old term, and seems to have its origins as refering to the minor leagues of baseball. More generically, it could be said that people earn their stripes, pay their dues, etc., in the bush-leagues, before moving up to the big time. Nothing to do with modern-day politics

Old 07-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #89
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Otherwise, I would ask you why you are saying this Bee is a $1400 pet, when in fact your daughter paid $2k for a Pewter and a Bee. Was the Bee valued at $1400, and the Pewter $600? I doubt it.
Then again, It would all be third party info, so I won't ask.
It is well known that most Spider, and Spider combo's have the wobble to some degree. Some have it as hatchlings and loose it later, some do not have it as hatchlings and develop it later, and some may never display it but their offspring may? After 10 months you say that the wobble has gotten progressively worse.
I would consider what you posted 3rd party information over what he posted. It's his daughter while you are a buddy of Clarks spouting information he told you. If Clark/Joe wants to defend themselves over the allegation, they need to do it themselves.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #90
Chameleon Company
RJK

I believe this quote is yours:

Quote:
I have no dog in this hunt except that I have a pet peeve with those who "quote" a rule while not grasping it themselves. That would be you.

Quote:
Anonymous third party quotation - 1 point
Saying something like "my buddy says you are a thief" is a third party quotation. There is no ownership to the accusation being made. Not allowed here. Let you buddy come in here and say it, otherwise it needs to remain unsaid.
There's plenty of gray area, but I believe Rich went out of his way to cite an example, and he specifically used the words "anonymous" and "accusation" in his rule and explanation. What you cited as "third party" would seem to be more than acceptable here. Of course, intelligence to post was never a requirement, was it ? Back to the regularly scheduled sparring.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!