Bad Guy Richard Gary Williams (roach 75) Mites Come Free!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
Show Me
Angry Richard Gary Williams (roach 75) Mites Come Free!!!

On 6-9-11 I call Richard Gary Williams from Clewiston Fl., Fauna user name roach 75, about his young calico ball python. He informed me he had two other adult females (spider,pastel) that had bred to a (fire,calico) and possibly could go this year and would make me a great deal if I bought all three. So I asked if they were healthy and eating well and he informed me they were. He did say that someone had watched his snake collection for him for like two months and that they did a terrible job but that the snakes were fine now. So I decided to buy all three since he seemed like a truthful and nice guy. So I PayPal him the money that day and he tells me he will ship out on Monday. I wait around the house all Tuesday for the shipment...they don't come and he never bothers to contact me to let me know he didn't ship... so I call him and he says he's sorry he will be shipping them today.

Then I wait most of the day Wednesday, again no shipment and so I called him. He said he didn't get them shipped Tuesday but is on his way to the FedEx hub right now with my snakes. So I wait around the house for a third time still no shipment so I call FedEx I ask them to search for any deliveries that are coming to my house and they inform they do not have a package for me. And as you probably already know Richard doesn't bother contacting me so I call him . He says he did shipped them on Wednesday and should get them today, I informed him I called FedEx and they said they have no package for me. He says something like... that's odd I shipped them. I ask for the tracking number and he says he is at work so he couldn't give it to me but he will call FedEx when he gets off work and call me back. Well I wait around the house for the remainder of the day waiting for his call. I even call FedEx again to make sure and I get the same answer..if we had a package it would show up on the system, sorry you are not getting a package today. As always Richard never calls me but he finally emails me this :

----- Original Message -----
To: cfriedli
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: Ball Pythons

Im really sorry for the inconvienience the here is he tracking number 794855069416 I cant call I dont have I just got off work and I have no signal i havent had his problem before i do apologize thanks Richard please let me know when they get there the tracking number says here still in fl

I really don't believe him when he says he shipped them on Wednesday the 15th since here is the proof. And FedEx reassured me they didn't have the package on Wednesday.

Date/TimeActivityLocationDetails
Jun 17, 2011 9:39 AMDeliveredwindsor, MOLeft at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized
Jun 17, 2011 8:34 AMOn FedEx vehicle for deliverySEDALIA, MO
Jun 17, 2011 8:12 AMAt local FedEx facilitySEDALIA, MO
Jun 17, 2011 4:57 AMAt destination sort facilityKANSAS CITY, MO
Jun 17, 2011 3:59 AMDeparted FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
Jun 17, 2011 12:47 AMArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
Jun 16, 2011 8:01 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityPUNTA GORDA, FL
Jun 16, 2011 4:39 PMPicked upPUNTA GORDA, FL
Jun 12, 2011 9:45 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

I told him since SYR has a guarantee on overnight shipping and to get my shipment money back for me. He said he would but since I'm sure he lied about FedEx getting the package on Wednesday I don't think I will be seeing any money.

On to the BAD part...I got my shipment early Friday morning. I open the box and then open one the bags and mites are everywhere!!! I open another bag and it's the same thing and then the third bag mites again. That is Richards idea of healthy!!! LOL. I can't understand why anyone would knowingly put someone in a position like this. I'm assuming GREED since there is 100% no way that he didn't know they have mites. The little calico looks a bit thin probably because the mites have drained her of blood. The other two appear fine for now other than a large load of mites and one has a scale that looks a little bit infected. I had to drive 60 miles round trip to go buy mite treatment. I'm treating them now and praying for a good outcome. I emailed him this :

----- Original Message -----
To: Richard Williams
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: Ball Pythons

Richard, I got them this morning. They are crawling with a large amount of mites. Why would you ship them in this very noticeable condition? I've never had mites and I have had a large amount of balls shipped to me from different breeders and never have they sent me a snake with mites. I could understand if you missed seeing just a couple mites but this is a large amount of mites! I couldn't even put them in the quarantine rack since I have another snake I got in a week ago that looks in excellent condition and I sure don't want him to get mites or anything those mites might be carrying with them. So I set up another quarantine rack and I now have to go buy mites treatment and hope they get over this without contaminating my collection or die from the chemicals involved in treatment. Thanks for the extreme stress, Christina

Of course I haven't heard back from him, which is what I expected. I'm going to email him again now to tell him he's made the BOI. LOL. Oh and I will post pictures of the bags with mites crawling all over. When I treated the snakes loads of mites were crawling all over me!!! So gross.

PS... anyone should feel free to post if you feel Richard is not a bad guy for sending snakes loaded with mites. I'm always looking to add people to my do not buy from list. LOL.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
Show Me

Old 06-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
Show Me

Old 06-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
joe113
Well, at least he didn't charge you extra for the mites.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
roro8633
I was interested in his snakes also but something just didn't feel right. Good thing, b/c he is kind of local and that would of been a long drive for nothing.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
Chuckels
That's absolutely horrible.

Will he reimburse you for the mite treatment you had to buy?

I hope he does something to correct this.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
Keys & Kritterz
I doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckels View Post
That's absolutely horrible.

Will he reimburse you for the mite treatment you had to buy?

I hope he does something to correct this.
After reading what the OP said I would seriously doubt that we will see him comment here or even reply back to him, much less a refund of any type. If I received that order I would want more compensation then just the mite treatment. If someone would knowingly ship with mites then I'd say they dont plan on stickin around here for long.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by roro8633 View Post
I was interested in his snakes also but something just didn't feel right. Good thing, b/c he is kind of local and that would of been a long drive for nothing.

Your so lucky! I'm jealous of your common sense, I feel like a fool. I'm sure I will never see any money for mite treatment or shipping refund and I highly doubt he will every contact me. I wouldn't be so upset if I though it was a overlooked mistake (like just a couple mites) but this was extremely noticeable and he well knew they had mites. Karma is a and I pray he gets chemical resistant bed bugs and itches for the remainder of his life.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #9
chongorojo
Lol bed bugs.. that really sucks about the mites. I probably would have boxed them right back up and sent them back to him parasites and all... wow Richard, what a way to treat a fellow herper

Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Show Me
I'm going to dispute this with PayPal. I want reimbursed for the mite treatment, shipping and my gas money to pick the treatment up. I also want money for two more bottles of treatment because I'm sure I'm going to need more! I know PayPal probably won't do anything for me since all they care about is if you received them. However it will be on record which will help me if one of the snakes dies from the mites and I will be able to show that record to a judge if I need to sue. My aunt and friend are both lawyers so I got the hook up and I need a vacation and Florida sounds wonderful! If you say something is healthy with nothing wrong that is a legally binding verbal contract.

I didn't want to send them back since I would lay money he wouldn't send my money back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!