first baby with the craziest pattern for me...BIG downside though - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Manhattan Herps
first baby with the craziest pattern for me...BIG downside though

IT'S SEVERELY DEFORMED!

this was the result of a normal x jungle albino pairing, complete surprise..wasnt expecting an extreme little jungle to pop out..butthis comes with the territory, after looking at it closely it is severely deformed, one of its eyes is deformed, its tail is deformed and his left arm is just about connected to his vent by a strand of connected skin,

i was looking foward to this egg hatching because its from my favorite pair, i have other eggs in there from them, but i doubt they will be as extreme as this little guy, im totally heartbroken..after all the premies, and now deformaties..whats next...
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
g&mgeckos
Dan that really bites! But don't give up yet there still may some hope for the other eggs.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #3
o0 RYAN 0o
Oh wow Dan, I'm very very sorry. I don't know what more to say...

Old 06-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #4
HerpAddict
That is a crazy pattern, I'm so sorry that it wasn't meant to be . Hopefully the future will be better!

Old 06-13-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
Jeremy Letkey
Dan, so sorry. That would have been a nice little baby. I do know the feeling and it sucks.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #6
saltwaterreptiles
I've been dealing with all first year breeders this season, both the geckos and me. So far of the 14 eggs I have had laid,I only have 5 left in the incubator. The first few were due to inexperience on omy part I am sure, and I admit that, but the last few that caved were in perfect condition and in perfect environment when they caved.

I know how crestfallen I feel when I see an egg collapse, I can only imagine howmuch it would suck to have THAT happen. All part of the process I know, and I am sure I will see my share of that as well in the future.

Sorry to read about it though, even sorrier when I see the crazy pattern on that little one.

Lets hope the other eggs hatch out healthy and with similar patterns!!!

Good luck!

Old 06-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #7
Jim O
That's sad. I'm sorry for you and for the animal.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
Oh Dan I am so sorry about the baby leo and I hope that is the end of your problems for this season!

Old 06-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #9
Gregg M
Bummer Dan..... Unfortunatly as you know, I have been dealing with this as well..... Every egg from my sunglow female has either died or the neonates have hatch way to early..... And a few of the babies were absolute stunners but not one lived..... Better luck with the rest buddy.....

Old 06-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #10
Manhattan Herps
thanks for the comfort guys, apreciate it, hopefully the other iggs from this pair will be just as nice or better, i've got my fingers crossed

thanks again guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!