Guess What - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:33 AM   #1
ladyserpent7
Talking Guess What

Today, for the first time EVER, i got bit by a snake...i was at the pet store i always go to and i took out the red tail, as usual, and she knows me cuz im the only one that takes her out,,,and sometimes when i take her out shell hiss with her mouth open but once i touch her, shes okay...so today, i took her out, and she didnt even hiss and she didnt even show herself feeling threatened or anything! and shes holding herself on my arm.......and all of a sudden,,she just turns her face and bites me right inbetween my thumb and index.........it was the most random thing....i actually had to pause for a second because i wasnt sure what happend...and then i looked and i had two little blood spots........aww....shes so cute...thank god shes only 5ft. phew..haha........so tell me....what reptiles have you been bitten by, and when was your first time?????????? share your experiences

Old 02-17-2006, 03:57 AM   #2
PaulSage
The first snake I got bit by was a 7-8 foot WC retic at the store where I used to work. He was not a happy creature. I wore my battle wounds with pride though The only other time a snake has drawn blood was a 4 foot corn that escaped from her tub, and I grabbed the end of her tail just as she was headed behind the shelves. She came out around the other side of a shelf and nailed me on the side of pinky finger. I've gotten bit by frisky baby corns and rats too, but they can't break the skin.

Rana, congrats on your first snake kiss.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:43 PM   #3
Junkyard
All right, your first bite!! I actually cannot remember my first bite. I have been bitten by boa constrictors(central, Columbian, het for albino, stripe, and jungle), garter, dumeril's(two days ago, he was hungry), ball pythons, green tree pythons, jungle carpet python, brazilian rainbow boa, macklots python, burmese python(left teeth in my thumb that was the only bite that actually hurt), sand boa, tokay gecko, and iguana.

The most memorable was a 5 foot boa, he was new to the collection, so I probed him to insure he was a male. Well, it turned out he was a male and did not appreciate the cold steel rod being inserted through his tookus and down his tail. So when I was returning him to his cage, he spun around upside down and latched on to my arm. The results:

the guilty face:

Old 02-25-2006, 02:36 AM   #4
scalesnstuff
My first bite

My first bit was from a WC baby burm covered in mites. I was giving her a bath and when I finished drying her she tagged me on my finger. Needless to say it stung and that was it.

My worst bite came from a Lavender California Kingsnake. She bit me on my finger and wrapped. When I let her go she moved to he tip of my finger and swallowed it.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:59 AM   #5
WebSlave
Here's one that just LOVED my wife's finger.....
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2006, 04:13 AM   #6
Junkyard
Rich, that is a great picture!!

Old 02-25-2006, 04:47 AM   #7
ladyserpent7
yes rich, id have to agree,,and what perfect timing as well,,all of that and you manage to find a camera and take a picture..haha...your snake is so cute..shes all into it...hehe..and michael...your snake was cute too..."the guily face" good one..

Old 02-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
reptilebreeder
I don't remember my first bite. Too many years, and snakes ago As a field herper I've been bitten by just about every wild snake endemic to CA, AZ, and some misc. ones from other parts of the U.S. The exception being venomous. My captive stuff, of course many of the hatchlings "bite" if you want to call it that. Rarely get bitten by any of the adults, I did have a trio of adult banana kings I got from Kathy Love, man did those things have a feeding response. I hated getting tagged by one of them, it hurt, not to mention they would never let go. I've gotten decent bites from large colubrids, and smaller boids, but have never been bitten by adult larger stuff, like BC, burms etc. I'm not around those types as often, and I am a lot more careful with them.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
Luckily Ive never been bitten by a snake but I haev been bitten by quite a few leos and tokays lol

Old 02-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
reptilebreeder
That's a nice looking snake Rich. What cultivar is that?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!