What are the best going genetics - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #11
Helenthereef
So I knew nothing of the Fire Boa ethical issues, but found this Nat Geo article which explains more about "Princess Diamond"...
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ficking-world/

Old 09-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #12
allreptiles1966
I feel the same way about the white boas. So I won’t be getting any. But they are very cool. I’m actually gonna get into the bloody sunglows and in the process of finding the right ones. Which has not been easy. Sunglows are my favorite. I’m not looking into creating a new morph. Img’s are ok,just not my thing.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #13
allreptiles1966
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
So I knew nothing of the Fire Boa ethical issues, but found this Nat Geo article which explains more about "Princess Diamond"...
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ficking-world/
So our beloved Jeremy Stone is just another criminal that will do anything for $$?

Bummer.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #14
liltemptress7
No he's not & the fires are 100% legal.

I spoke to him today & he actually just shipped fires to Europe last week...LEGALLY!

Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #15
AbsoluteApril
From what I had understood at the time, all offspring were supposed to be returned to the Brazilian government.

edit to add - don't want this to go too far off topic - here's a relevant thread about Mr Stone for further comment if needed -
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=452678
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=493635

Old 12-14-2018, 03:03 AM   #16
liltemptress7
Getting into a whole conversation about Jeremy would be considered off topic. Fires were mentioned & questions about their legality were raised....I simply corrected any fake news.

On the other hand, I think someone should have directed Richard to that thread after his last post. ��

Long story short, fires are in fact legal! If they are something you are really interested in, go for it....especially since people are still too nervous to buy them....you'd be ahead of the game! ��

Old 12-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #17
AbsoluteApril
don't believe the fake news
XD

Old 12-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #18
liltemptress7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
don't believe the fake news
XD

Old 12-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #19
JCCS
Barbara, you really need to read about reptile smuggling. Just because the babies were captive bred and therefore legal to export in no way means the original snake wasn't smuggled. If you read the entire story of that snake and come away with everything being legit, reasoning is not going to work here. I don't have a huge moral issue with the original snake being smuggled, but the big issue is that it belonged to a zoo in Brazil, making it property of the brazilian government and theft is a big moral no no. If you think that original snake wasn't both stolen and smuggled after reading everything, you're either willfully ignorant or incredibly naive.

Old 12-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #20
liltemptress7

I am done with this off topic discussion & I will not carry it over to the JS thread because I'm not resurrecting a nearly 5yr old thread.

As for new boa projects, my partner & I have a few CA motleys 100% for Anery & Leopard aka Anery Blackberry.....along with a few 100% DH Anery/Leopards....all animals are males.... if this is something you might be interested in, shoot me a PM.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!