Color Talk - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
Blazin
Color Talk

Getting a good shot and accurate color representation can really be tricky. We hear all the time, "take a picture outside under natural sunlight." Its true that under those conditions most of the time that will give you a more accurate depiction of an animals color. At the same time color is the quality of a subject in regards to the light reflected by the object, determined by a measure of hue, saturation and brightness of the reflected light. Stands to reason that slight differences in color will be had photographing under different light. In my opinion direct sunlight or bright indirect sunlight like when the sun is behind a cloud produces a very accurate shot. On the other hand a bright soft white light bulb along with a flash and the right shudder speed can as well capture true coloration. Of course again color is is directly related to light reflection. Years ago I used to see Tangerine being sold photographed ontop of a blue backgrounds. Now everyone knows blue is a contrasting color to orange. In other words it makes the orange look oranger and stand out. Same thing with purple or lavender and yellow. Orange and black. A good example is how screamin baby bells look at birth! They are extremely attractive and really stand out like a neon sign or something. Well anyway didn't mean to rant and rave but color along with photography are just an awesome part of our hobby!

Old 04-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
Xavier
Awesome`

Look at those colors

Old 04-26-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
good shots and awesome leo! How did you take those pics?

Old 04-27-2005, 12:35 AM   #4
aliceinwl
I've found that incadescent lights often give the subject a yellowish cast. Heavy shade or pics taken towards evening often give me a heavey blue cast. I don't like taking pics in full sun because it's hard to avoid getting deep shadows. I agree that light shade or a slightly overcast day, yields the best opportunity for good pics.

-Alice

Old 04-27-2005, 02:54 AM   #5
SableLynx
Nice babies Chad. I like the markings on them, especially the double circle .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!