Crazy Colored Reptiles- Excellent Guy! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-13-2003, 12:41 AM   #1
Adam Perales
Crazy Colored Reptiles- Excellent Guy!

(note: this has nothing to do with the brokering of ball pythons with or from whomever for whatever. I have no knowledge of Paco’s other business deals nor do I care. Frankly speaking, the way a person does business or “earns a buck” is no one’s business but they’re own as long as it is done legitimately and honestly and from my personal experience Paco is as legitimate and honest as they come {just read on}, he’s just gotta learn the associated online etiquette e.g. don’t post the same pic as your source on the same board

My name is Adam Perales, I’ve been a lurker on this board since the herpwantads days. Being somewhat of a skeptic I’ve found myself constantly drawn to this site from time to time. It has been an invaluable resource since it’s inception only a few short years back.

When I first came across Crazy Colered Reptiles' ads I was skeptical that someone was willing to sell what seemed to be a carefully collected and purchased breeeding collection. (I mean come on, Albey’s best 2001, the carrot-heads, the PA’s, hypo baldy’s; he did his homework) Being quite a fan of some of the more outrageous E. Macularius morphs, I could do little to resist the temptation to at least inquire about this; meanwhile staying wary of the “too good to be true syndrome” we’ve all fell for at one time or another. The thing is, you don’t expect a no-name fella to be legitimately selling a group of this caliber without there being some kind of catch.

So I called Albey, checked the BOI saw verification of KelliH’s PA’s and researched a couple more of his puchases. I couldn’t find a loophole in this deal and after a bunch of lengthy phone conversations and e-mails (in which he didn’t hesitate to answer any of my questions), I took the plunge and sent him a TON of my hard earned cash along with a contract UP FRONT and bought 9/10ths of his accumulated breeding stock. Now all need to understand that for a period of about 48hrs, Paco had a large sum of my CA$h sitting in his bank account and could have just as easily gone to Mexico or just about anywhere else with my money. Did he take off? Did he rip me off…? NO!

Sure enough after over a month’s worth of negotiation and a couple of minor bumps, Crazy Colored Reptiles has proven to be true to their word.

· My order was hand delivered to my home by Paco (Charles Gauch) from over twelve hours away round trip from my location on the date and time agreed upon.

· All the animals arrived healthy and as represented.

· The animals were transported in a climate-controlled environment.

· Offspring were brought to appropriately demonstrate the genetics behind each individual group of breeders (WOW).

· He brought receipts, invoices and comprehensive husbandry records.

· He was even willing to hand sign a legally binding health/sale guarantee contract for the animals I purchased.

· Oh and I won’t even begin to go into all the freebies he threw in.

The bottom line is this: I took a chance on a no-name guy, did my homework, covered my end with a legitimate contract, trusted him with a large sum of money and got rewarded for it with a deal that worked out better than I had hoped. CCR has quickly become a valuable, resourceful colleague as well as a good friend of ours. As far as I’m concerned, his word stands on water. If you want verification, e-mail me: river_reptiles@yahoo.com
I can scan and provide copies of my invoice, contract, and any other aforementioned hub-bub.

Paco, I have to apologize for my delay in this post it’s been a bit hectic around here as of late. Thanks again my friend and you’re welcome back at our house in Sacto anytime,

Adam Perales
now dba: Get Up and Gecko!

Old 02-09-2004, 07:19 PM   #2
HerpVenue
Quote:
My order was hand delivered to my home by Paco (Charles Gauch) from over twelve hours away round trip from my location on the date and time agreed upon.
Your location is Sacramento California

Crazy colored is located in Mammoth Lakes California

the total miles one way is 230 ish
and it took 12 hours?
only if he was going an average of 19.16 miles per hour

unless of course I misread your post

Old 02-09-2004, 08:27 PM   #3
Adam Perales
Wink

Lol... Yes it's only about 230 miles from Sacramento to Mammoth Lakes. Last year we had a very rough late winter spell here in California/ Nevada that had the mountain passes still closed VERY late in the year. This made for what I felt to be a rather grueling 6 hour trip in relatively hazardous conditions. I had actually attempted to make a trip down to him originally but was waylayed by snow and decided to turn back before I even reached Tahoe's Echo summit elevation, so in turn he offered to make the trip out my way as he had a more appropriately equipped 4X4 vehicle. 6 hours one way, 12 hours "round trip". A detail which I actually did state in my post and that you, Ritchie, were kind enough to include in the quote in your responding post.

Is there a reason you’re responding to this old and obviously overlooked post? Is there something going on with Crazy Colored Reptiles that I should know about? Or is Ritchie just bored?

Anyways, thanks for bringing it to my attention Ritchie. It's understandalbe, I got a bit overzealous in my praise for Crazy Colored Reptiles as it was the first really "big" deal I had ever done for any amount of reptiles and I did spend quite a chunk of cash. I'm reading it now and kinda laughing to myself. I was really excited about those geckos! I wanted to show my thanks by presenting a great post about our transaction and that tiring piece of verbal diaharea was what I came up with. As for an epilogue to my novella, it stands as follows: I haven't talked with CCR in quite some time; majority of the geckos I bought are doing well and I've got some exciting projects that I'm working on.

Take it easy,

~Adam Perales

Old 02-11-2004, 07:56 AM   #4
HerpVenue
Nothing going on that I know of.
I was just doing research and saw this post.
So I answered it.
Then I realized how old the date was.
Then I wished I never answered to it.

I was doing research because he wsa claiming that he was in talks to buy Harry Eisenmann's entire collection of balls.

He was selling some of the balls that he also bought from Harry Eisenmann.

But do research for Harry Eisenmann and or Carolina Reptile Exchange. Harry has been dead since 1999. And the owner of CRE, Bruce eisenmann, has been doing business as his dead father.

Interesting reads.

I do not know how deeply crazy colored is involved.

I think he was just taken by the guy.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
Adam Perales
Wow, business as his dead father... gotta be one heck of a schmuck to pull that kinda crap. And that was the same company/ people / person behind the bull-schnick tiger rescue scheme or something of the like?? "Interesting reads" to say the least.

Yeah Paco (CCR) spoke briefly with me back then about him buying some large collection of bps and I heard some rumblings about that and other than my initial post, I decided to stay out of it. Last I heard Paco was stepping away from reptiles for a while to focus on other ventures. Dunno...

~Adam Perales

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!