Bad Guy Crappy Shipping Practices-Kevin Olbrych owner Suncoast Reptiles - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #51
neilg
Quote:
Originally Posted by imabirdmom View Post
As far as my previous shipment of baby Elongateds I also posted that disaster on Fauna http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=529271.

I'm tempted to contact animal control yet involving them could spiral into something bigger perhaps making shipping reptiles illegal which would screw us all. I ship and even the $50 pet gecko get's a fully insulated box, deli cup, newspaper padding and heat if applicable. It's called COST OF DOING BUSINESS! If you can't afford it then do us all a favor and get out!
RIP baby elongated(s)!

what's scary is Martha used SYR (she did, right? cause i see SYR commentary mentioned in that thread multiple times) yet the packaging clearly WAS NOT reptile certified.. which brings up a very important concern, where shipping reptiles generally ALREADY isn't supported by Fedex except in some certified shippers are reselling use of their account without any supervision of the packaging. a can of worms indeed because who knows how many other tortoises, turtles, etc are being shipped without padding and arriving DEAD day in and day out i highly doubt ur 2 experiences alone are the only ones out there where reptiles are practically being THROWN INTO INVERTED USPS BOXES AND DROPPED OFF AT THE CLOSEST FEDEX DROP BOX!

Old 05-30-2015, 03:02 PM   #52
JCCS
Neil here really has it out for SYR, either because he didn't like getting shut down on his worthless thread about them or more probably, because he has some form of relationship with reptiles express.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #53
neilg
and the moral of the story? Reptile shipping standards should be abided by!

(and perhaps enforced by those reselling use of their 'certified' reptile shipping account?)

Old 05-30-2015, 06:45 PM   #54
Pasodama
Neil,
If it is brought to their attention, SYR does not take improper shipping practices lightly.
Just as with FedEx themselves. They, typically, know nothing, about an improper shipping practice, unless it is brought to their attention.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #55
Pasodama
They = FedEx

Old 05-30-2015, 06:54 PM   #56
neilg
indeed; obviously i'm overthinking all things 'shipping' today (in wake of the OP's perished order from Martha (RIP little ones!) and now crappy ship from Kevin) perhaps if there is some sort of track record (ie, on FC's BOI) of a shipper abusing their account, i fathom the reseller of the third party certified reptile shipping service might step in and dishonor providing future services to anyone who has some record of neglecting the reptile 'shipping standards'?

alas, in the case of Kevin, it does not seem he used SYR in the first place.. (did he)?

Old 05-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #57
imabirdmom
SYR when notified of the deficient shipment from Martha contacted me immediately and requested pictures/video of what I experienced (which thankfully I had) then called me and requested all of her known contact information. They contacted me a few days later and assured me they had contacted Martha and that the issue would not be repeated. They were on it from the moment I first emailed them. They won my business that day. That is what customer service looks like.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:18 PM   #58
neilg
indeed its one thing to use a service - and another to use the service's actual Fedex approved/certified packaging - for shipping reptiles.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #59
imabirdmom
Well I for one am grateful for companies like SYR because I ship so irregularly it seems silly for me to get an account with FedEx however I follow all of SYR's instructions on appropriate packaging. We owe it to everyone and each other to make sure that get the word out regarding those that are abusing safe shipping practices.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #60
neilg
well said momma!

i too - contrary to recent/popular belief on FC today - am grateful for SYR since they are so generous with reptile insurance when NOBODY else even offers it - the PEACE OF MIND even though i've never used insurance.. and ony used SYR once so far.. not ever filed an insurance claim be it auto, home, shipments, etc heck not even health insurance other than preventative visits being covered without having to file 'claims' *hard knock on wood!*

its good to hear that Robyn has folks covered (how do they stay in biz, volume?!) where Fedex just doesn't give a damn!

anyways i hope u havent been discouraged by the past 2 disappointments; these are WILD ANIMALS we are keeping in captivity for whatever reason and every life precious, on the humanitarian/have-a-heart side and on the business side, business is business and should include ETHICs; unfortunately there are 'jobbers' out there that just want inventory sold and GONE at maximum profit to themselves (ie using new inverted USPS boxes for Fedex?).

so, has Kevin done the right thing yet and agreed to compensate you for the shipping portion of the total purchase price? that would only be fair considering your video speaks volumes, volumes in and of itself!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!