Bad Guy Crappy Shipping Practices-Kevin Olbrych owner Suncoast Reptiles - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #81
Billy1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocamaro View Post
0.1 2013 CB Emerald Tree Boa, tame $1200 w/ cage $1400 firm
6.3 2015 Normal Colombian Boas, $75 each
0.2 2014 Hog Island Boas, pure $300 each
1.1 2014 Costa Rican Boas, $200 each -SOLD
4.0 2014 Desert/Splendida King Snakes, $50 each
2.0 2014 Fire Corn Snakes, $100 each
9.1 2014 Bubblegum Snow Corn Snakes, $75 each/ $90 female
1.0 DH Purple/GS Retic, $600
0.1 Graniteback Retic, $700
1.2 Sunfire Retics, $250

@ SnakeQuenn
This is from your facebook page.
Of these animals which did you produce?

Reselling a few snakes produced by someone else is a far cry from calling someone a wholesaler. That was quite an erroneous leap you took there...

Old 06-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #82
hhmoore
The person he was addressing is not the subject of this thread anyway...besides, (almost) everybody knows that buying animals to resell at a profit makes one a flipper

Old 06-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #83
Dennis Hultman
Kathy, I agree with everyone that the shipping was seriously lacking. The other people that came forward also makes the case that it is his standard shipping practices. I think most are in agreement on that topic.

I do have some criticism for you. With the overall story of the bad packaging job, I didn't want to bring it up right away because the focus should have been on the bad packaging job.

Well here it is now and I hope you can understand I don't have a problem with your overall BOI report on his bad packaging.

If the shipment had arrived and properly packaged you were still demanding funds back very aggressively.

The agreed upon price was $300 shipped. In your first correspondence with the seller before the package even arrived you sent him a demand for funds to be sent back to you.

If I had made a deal with you for 300 shipped and I sent my package out appropriately, I would find your first email after the time FedEX gurantee had for delivery passed, utterly off putting and total BS! You weren't entitled to anything.

My deal with FedEx has nothing to do with you as I'm the shipper. If I combine and lower prices and include the total price with shipping, who the hell are you to send such a email to the seller just for a late package? Your not entitled to to a refund for shipping that was included in the total price.
You were very demanding of a refund immediatly BEFORE the animals arrived.

You started asking for shipping money back as soon as the package was an hour late. That makes you sound very petty.

The shipping price was none of your concern. You agreed to a price which included the shipping. So if he had paid zero for the shipping or 200 bucks its not your concern.

Then every email after that you kept stating well the package wasn't here by 12 I want some money. The multiple times it was stated then followed by "well I want the shipping money back" was presented in the emails as if he did you wouldn't be here posting about it.

It was in the ladder emails the packaging became more of the focus and what other people might think of him and his reputation.

You should be applaud about the shipping. That's what this thread centers around. Your communication with him centers around not getting your package on time and wanting money for it even before the package arrived.

Then after instead of just focusing around the horrible packaging, you just kept pouncing on I want money it wasn't here before 12.

If he had packed it well, I would find your antics about the late package part over the top.

I have been offered funds back for a late shipment I received. I have never asked for them. I think it's great that a seller offers, I don't think it is required and you certainly aren't entitled to anything. Even more so when the price includes the shipping.

I had package sent to me that was missing in action over three days. The seller worked on tracking the package and kept me updated. The animals arrived in perfect condition due to the package job. Months later the seller contacted me and told me that the company finally paid off on the late arrival and he would happy send me a refund. The way I figured it was I paid for a set price for the animals shipped to me. The animals arrived healthy. I got what I paid for. I told him not to worry about it because i paid I stated I would for the animals shipped and I received them. He told me I had store credit then if I wouldn't take the funds.

In this case you were whining about a refund for shipping a hour passed the time FedEx was suppose to be there. Telling him what he needs to do and who to call because you are "entitled" to a cheaper price shipped because it was late. Your not! The shipper is! If you paid for the shipping as a separate expense and the shipper is refunded then the correct thing his for him to send it to the buyer.

You on the other hand are only entitled if the shipper receives the funds back. Not just because it was late to you. FedEx doesn't make the agreement with you the receiver it makes it with the shipper. Unless the shipper states to you he will refund if the package is late, it doesn't really have anything to do with you at all. The terms with FedEx is with the person who has the account not the buyer. Like I stated though the correct thing to do if your a shipper and charge the exact shipping price and you do receive a refund from the carrier, you should sent it to the buyer.

But a buyer demanding a refund on shipping within a hour of the package being late stating I'm "entitled". Seems very petty.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #84
Dennis Hultman
*appalled

"You should be applaud about the shipping."

Old 06-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #85
Dennis Hultman
It's obvious I didn't proofread anything so just replace the "your" where appropriate with "you're", the capitol I where it belongs and add in the words I thought about and skipped and will call it good.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #86
Dennis Hultman
"ladder"

* latter

That one bothers me enough to make the correction as well.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #87
snakesareawesome
HSUS will use the info you send them to make sure no one can ever ship a reptile again, packed well or not. Fish and Wildlife is basically a branch of PETA at the moment.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:06 PM   #88
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Do you only sell animals that you produce? I know for a fact you do not. I have purchased a red tail boa from you at a show and you told me that you did not produce it and you purchased them for resale. So that makes you a wholesaler, in your words, by your definition, you being they "have no concern for anything other than the bottom dollar." <--- your words

Saying things like this discredits the BOI. Do all wholesalers only care about money? Are all wholesalers bad? If so then you are also bad, or, are you perhaps the exception.

Furthermore,
You are bold to talk so bluntly about someone whom you will probably see at Reptile shows. Just my .02
Wholesaler = sells massive quantities of animals below fair market value.

And when did I sell you a boa? I've never been to Texas.

Quote:
0.1 2013 CB Emerald Tree Boa, tame $1200 w/ cage $1400 firm
6.3 2015 Normal Colombian Boas, $75 each
0.2 2014 Hog Island Boas, pure $300 each
1.1 2014 Costa Rican Boas, $200 each -SOLD
4.0 2014 Desert/Splendida King Snakes, $50 each
2.0 2014 Fire Corn Snakes, $100 each
9.1 2014 Bubblegum Snow Corn Snakes, $75 each/ $90 female
1.0 DH Purple/GS Retic, $600
0.1 Graniteback Retic, $700
1.2 Sunfire Retics, $250

@ SnakeQuenn
This is from your facebook page.
Of these animals which did you produce?
Boas I produced, retics belong to a friend, corns came in a trade, kings I bought for resale (flipping) when I had no animals to sell.
However, this doesn't make me a wholesaler ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Do you understand what wholesale means? Selling individual animals at market price (not in mass quantity like a wholesaler) is not wholesaling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1138 View Post
Reselling a few snakes produced by someone else is a far cry from calling someone a wholesaler. That was quite an erroneous leap you took there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The person he was addressing is not the subject of this thread anyway...besides, (almost) everybody knows that buying animals to resell at a profit makes one a flipper

You obviously have an issue with me, so you may message me with your concerns.

This thread has nothing to do with me or what I do or do not produce.

Fact: Suncoast sells massive quantities of animals below market value. (definition of wholesaler)
Fact: That packaging job was horrendous and completely unacceptable.

There have been others who have chimed in stating that they have also received their torts in the same manner, indicating this is their standard shipping method for torts.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:20 PM   #89
Guy Castro
I enjoyed what "Flipper", as a kid. Awesome dolphin!

Old 06-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #90
Guy Castro
Watching^^^

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!