For Sale Last of the season - CB 2013 North American spotted turtle hatchling - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
shelledfriends
Last of the season - CB 2013 North American spotted turtle hatchling

Gorgeously colored North American spotted turtle hatchling(Clemmys guttata)

Species:
N.A. spotted turtles are one of the cutest turtles around. With their googly eyes, captivating colors, yellow polka dots, and small size they are just a delight to watch. These turtles are cold hardy and hibernate outdoors when housed in a deep enough pond. They are not the best of swimmers but will handle deep ponds as long as there is a gradual slope to help them get out of the deep end and lots of plants/drift wood etc to hang out to. Adults are usually in the 5” - 6” range.

Enclosure: Outdoor housing whenever possible is the best way to go. These turtles require both sun and shade and prefer to warm themselves on logs protruding out of the water. They don't like it too hot so an enclosure on the cooler side of the yard works best. Hatchlings can be housed in large cement mixing tubs with plants and cork bark or driftwood. Adults can be housed in large kiddie pools, waterland tubs or stock tanks. No matter which way you go make sure there are gradual slopes leading out of the water and lots of plants or resting places.

Diet: This hatchling is feeding on thawed frozen blood worms, thawed frozen beef heart, Omega One juvenile pellets and zoomed hatchling pellets. As it grows you can add night crawlers, snails and other bugs to their diet along with fish (mine go nuts for salmon) and cooked meat.

Who am I? My name is Michael. I am a software engineer by profession and conservationist by passion. I am a registered wildlife rehabilitator who focuses on native pond turtles but also handles rescue and adoption of other non-native species. I have been keeping and caring for turtles and tortoises since 2001. I breed a few species of turtles and tortoises with a heavy focus on Asian species. Selling animals is not my business. I offer captive bred hatchlings to others with the hope of getting them started with healthy well started animals so they will have a good experience and will enjoy the hobby and hopefully down the road will help with chelonian conservation.

What to expect: I am happy to answer any questions you have, before and after the transaction is over. The most important thing for me is that my hatchlings get a good home so if you are new to the hobby then I am happy to help you with every aspect of their care. E-mail is the best way to stay in touch with me but as time permits I will be happy to answer your questions via a call. My support does not stop once the hatchling reaches you and you are welcome to call me or e-mail me whenever you have any questions. I do not have a web site, yet, but please note that I am NOT in the business of selling animals. I am a hobbyist who breeds many species with the goal of making available healthy hatchlings for others to have a successful and enjoyable experience. Please see the following links for some reviews about me.

http://tinyurl.com/pf3g984
http://tinyurl.com/o8g3n7v
http://tinyurl.com/q79vn88
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=401623

Guarantee: All hatchlings are guaranteed to be alive and outwardly healthy upon arrival if signed for upon delivery. Any DOA or obvious problems must be reported within an hour of delivery and will require verification by photo or return. Please note I am not responsible for any losses due to delivery delays, mistakes, or mishandling made by the carrier. IF there is a delay in delivery then I will file a claim with the carrier and if they issue a refund then I will refund the shipping cost to you.

Price:This weekend only $140 including overnight shipping.

Shipping: I will ship via UPS or FedEX for next day arrival. Please note that if you live in a small town or remote location then even if I choose 10.30 am delivery the package might still not be delivered until later in the day. So please check with UPS and FedEx for delivery times in your location. Sorry but no USPS or second day shipping. I will e-mail you the tracking number when the package is shipped to you.

Packaging: I will always use a new box with styrofoam lining. No additional cost for the box. Heat packs will be added, free of cost, as necessary.

Payment: - Paypal and postal money orders accepted. Please e-mail me for my address or paypal ID depending on what you are using.

Please e-mail me at michael.rajkumar@gmail.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

Important note: All hatchlings under 4" are for educational or research purposes only. Know your state laws, I will NOT knowingly ship these to any state where they are restricted.

P.S: The adults pictured are just to show what the parents of this hatchling look like. The adults are not for sale.

Michael R T
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!