Salty City (Leonard Giordano) INQUIRY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
MorbidEclipse
Salty City (Leonard Giordano) INQUIRY

Wondering if anyone has dealt with "Salty City" (Salty City Aquariums)
Owner: Leonard Giordano

Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
LeoFan11
Salty City dealing

I bought some baby leopard geckos from him recently. I didnt have the greatest of experiences but it wasnt horrible.

Things to think about/watch out for:
He buys everything wholesale and ships via Express mail with the postal service. I thought I was getting my lizards overnight but turned out to be second day delivery. This freaked me out a bit because it was my first purchase online and I was scared to death that my lizards would arrive dead. The thing is with Fed-Ex/UPS is that they are overnight guaranteed. With the postal service it is next day OR second day. Im not sure that Salty City even realizes this himself...

He doesnt have any kind of live arrival guarantee that I know of...

I also asked him what kind of albino leopard gecko I was getting and he didnt seem to know, I dont think he understood what I was talking about. He responded by telling me what he was selling which just struck me as odd... For those who dont know there are 3 different genetic strains of albino in leopard geckos. They are not genetically compatible so it is fairly important to know what you have if you want to make more albinos

Some GOOD things about him:
He responded to my emails quickly, on average he got back to me within 2-4 hours.

He was also very nice and polite to deal with, even when I was a little frantic.

Overall I would probably rate my dealings with Salty City as a 7 out of 10.
I hope this helps!

Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
saltycity
First of all thankyou michelle for the 7 out of 10 rating. I have since got a buisness account with fedex. I do have a live arrival guarantee on all of my reptiles the only thing i ask for is for the person receiving the animals if they discover any doas in the box to take a picture of the doas on a copy of the day the package arrives newspaper with the date in the picture. You are correct most of the animals i offer for sale are purchased from wholesalers but they are all handpicked by me in person and will not be sold untill they are feeding and drinking if there are any health concerns with the animals i am offering for sale i will state them in the ad but chances are that i would sooner give away an unhealthy animal before i would sell it. I take buying, selling, trading, keeping and breeding animals very very seriously. I don't do it for the money as it says in my ads its just nice i can make money doing what i love to do. I also breed a few species myself and buy from other knowledgeable breeders. I believe that i am correct in saying that most of the people you see on kingsnake do the same thing either breed it themselves or buy it from someone else. It works that way with everything, winn dixie doesn't grow its own food and supplies. Everyone in any buisness relies on some other person or buisness to do buisness. As far as knowing what the different albino leopard geckos are. I did not know that there were three different albinos in leopard geckos and its not like when you buy leopard geckos from a wholesaler or breeder they have them advertised as type a albinos type b albinos or type c albinos. I did a breeding project with my buddy using two albino redears that look exactly the same and when the eggs hatched all of the babys came as normal looking redears. So i believe that there are type a type b type c and so on from albinos but unless they are visibly different or advertised under different names there is no way for me to you what they are without doing dna research. I do realize that ups and fedex is overnight guaranteed but most people don't want to pay $40 and up to ship their packages from what i gather, but i have offered to ship fedex and ups to anyone who has asked. I hope this clears up a few things concerning me an my buisness. I promise all potential customers this. You will not be ripped off. You will receive exactly as advertised or you money back. If you have a problem with something i will do my best to fix it. Every animal that comes into my possesion will be EATING AND DRINKING AND LEAVE MY FACILITY HEALTHY. You will not receive any junk. Thanks, Leonard

Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
saltycity
First of all thankyou Michelle for the 7 out of 10 rating. I have since got a business account with FedEx. I do have a live arrival guarantee on all of my reptiles the only thing i ask for is for the person receiving the animals if they discover any doas in the box to take a picture of the doas on a copy of the day the package arrives newspaper with the date in the picture. You are correct most of the animals i offer for sale are purchased from wholesalers but they are all handpicked by me in person and will not be sold until they are feeding and drinking if there are any health concerns with the animals i am offering for sale i will state them in the ad but chances are that i would sooner give away an unhealthy animal before i would sell it. I take buying, selling, trading, keeping and breeding animals very very seriously. I don't do it for the money as it says in my ads its just nice i can make money doing what i love to do. I also breed a few species myself and buy from other knowledgeable breeders. I believe that i am correct in saying that most of the people you see on kingsnake do the same thing either breed it themselves or buy it from someone else. It works that way with everything, Winn Dixie doesn't grow its own food and supplies. Everyone in any business relies on some other person or business to do business. As far as knowing what the different albino leopard geckos are. I did not know that there were three different albinos in leopard geckos and its not like when you buy leopard geckos from a wholesaler or breeder they have them advertised as type a albinos type b albinos or type c albinos. I did a breeding project with my buddy using two albino redears that look exactly the same and when the eggs hatched all of the babies came as normal looking redears. So i believe that there are type a type b type c and so on from albinos but unless they are visibly different or advertised under different names there is no way for me to you what they are without doing DNA research. I do realize that ups and FedEx is overnight guaranteed but most people don't want to pay $40 and up to ship their packages from what i gather, but i have offered to ship FedEx and ups to anyone who has asked. I hope this clears up a few things concerning me an my business. I promise all potential customers this. You will not be ripped off. You will receive exactly as advertised or you money back. If you have a problem with something i will do my best to fix it. Every animal that comes into my possesion will be EATING AND DRINKING AND LEAVE MY FACILITY HEALTHY. You will not receive any junk. Thanks, Leonard

Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
romad119
I believe she was referring to, and I'm not knowledgeable on leopards at all, but I think there is Rainwater, Bell, and another name that are the strains of albinos. Similar concept with the Kahl/Sharp albino boas.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Has anyone purchased recently from them? Does anyone have their address?

Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!