Inquiry: Mike Brooks @ TNS Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-20-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
Janie Manaski
Question Inquiry: Mike Brooks @ TNS Reptiles

Just curious, has anyone dealt with one Mike Brooks of TNS Reptiles in Long Island, NY? Here is an ad of his from Kingsnake.

<a href="http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=81129">http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=81129</a>

(I apologize if there is another thread about TNS, but I could not find anything with the search function, as creative as I could get using related four-letter or more terms. )

Old 04-22-2003, 01:06 AM   #2
Christina
Thumbs up

I have bought many snakes off Mike over the years and he has always been a great guy. I know of his animals and his collection and as far as that post goes those snakes are real, If thats what you're asking? He has a nice collection of high end ball pythons and boas and does a lot of wholesale projects as well. I have some albino boas from him and im going to be buying some high end balls from him this year. I like him because he's honest and he always likes to make people who buy off him a freind which i like a lot. One more thing if you want references you could probably call Mike and get references from some pretty big breeders. He is freindly with a lot of people and does the right thing so in my opinion and im sure many others Mike is a great guy. Here are some posts of his pics i was just looking at to see some other animals of his collection. I recently spoke to him and these girls are going to be putting out some serious babies hopefully. Well good luck Mike (not trying to kiss butt) hehe and Janie i hope i could answer some of your questions for you. Have A great Breeding season and God Bless. -Christina, Upstate NY

http://forum.kingsnake.com/ball/messages/72163.html
http://forum.kingsnake.com/ball/messages/72164.html

Old 04-22-2003, 11:03 PM   #3
Janie Manaski
thanks

I've been seeing this ad on KS for a long time (along with a couple others from TNS, I believe) and was just wondering about good/bad experiences. I posted the link to the ad more for reference than to question the snakes, because if I was really curoius about the axanthic, I could call his reference. More experiences, anyone?

Old 06-20-2003, 01:33 PM   #4
Ken Harbart
Anyways, a reply to the another thread piqued my curiosity, so I thought I'd do some checking.

Anyways, I just thought I'd bump this to the top, as Christina's reply was intended to deceive.

A quick check of IP's reveals...
Quote:
Mike Brooks, aka TNS
The IP Address is: 24.184.86.164. The host name is: ool-18b856a4.dyn.optonline.net. Please click here to return to the thread.
Quote:
Christina
The IP Address is: 24.184.86.164. The host name is: ool-18b856a4.dyn.optonline.net. Please click here to return to the thread.

Old 06-20-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
Hues1
See also this thread that cross references with this inquiry and another thread...............

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=20287

Old 06-20-2003, 02:16 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Janie,

You don't need to be exceedingly creative with the "search function". Just type Brooks and hit return. You will get the three following threads (yours at the top)

Inquiry: Mike Brooks @ TNS Reptiles

Wanna get burnt-do business with Alex Hue it's a good time TNS Reptiles

Alex Hue and TNS reptiles

Or you can simply type "reptiles", hit enter and you will see the same threads in the first page of your search (among other).

Regards.

Old 06-20-2003, 02:20 PM   #7
sputnik
Talking

A quick check of IP's reveals...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Brooks, aka TNS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Christina

Kinda blows a hole in the deceptive attempt to give people the impression that TNS are a, "good thing!"

Old 06-20-2003, 03:00 PM   #8
Darin Chappell
Alvaro,

If you'll notice the dates on the posts of this thread, you'll see that Janie made her initial inquiry well before the other threads were started. That's why she could find anything in her search.

The reason this thread was bumped up was just to show that the Christina (is actually Mike, using an old girlfriend's name) post was a false one meant to be deceptive. Janie didn't do anything wrongly.

Old 06-20-2003, 05:06 PM   #9
The BoidSmith
Darin,

You are absolutely right, I didn't even bother to check the dates. Thanks for the clarification.

Regards.

Old 06-20-2003, 10:55 PM   #10
Phil
Thumbs down Ouch!

As a Christian I try to give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt. You know, in Mike's case I was really, REALLY trying hard as I read the thread he started on Alex Hues. I had seen posts by TNS Reptiles on Kingsnake where he was looking to buy lots of baby boas and was hoping to possibly do business with him in the future. Then Ken and Scott post:

quote:
Mike Brooks, aka TNS

quote:
Christina

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.
At times I've half-jokingly given people a hard time on here when I felt they deserved it. But anyone who knows me, knows that when I poke fun at someone I do so with a smile on my face and hope that they'll turn it around. I'm not smiling now.

Phil Frost
ZNJ Exotics

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!