Jeff Ronne - Boaphile Plastics - BAD GUY - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:46 AM   #91
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Griz how can you say the "Clientele as a whole "?? In this thread the satisfied verse the dis satisfied are not very far apart. Now if Jeff said that it would be one thing as he would have a real idea as to the numbers. And from the threads about his poor customer service it sure looks like a higher percentage than one or two percent that have had problems with him, well unless he's making a million cages a year. You had good luck with him , seems many others had the opposite experience.

I think what bothers me the most is he doesn't seem to care that people complain about his Customer Service, he doesn't address it and does nothing to fix it. Which could lead you to believe he doesn't give a furry rats pa tootty what his customers think of his service..Randy
Randy, I am fortunate in that I have people who work for me. The reason why I set up my company the way I did was so that other people would earn my money for me. This allows me to have the freedom to be a father, husband etc. But, the reality of most self-employed situations is that the owner is also the janitor, the builder, the accountant etc etc etc.

From what I have seen, Jeff posts on very few forums and Fauna is not one of them. Why is that? I have no idea but then again, I don't post on a lot of the reptile related forums either. You have to pick and choose where your activities will be best spent. Jeff is no fool and I assure you that if he has an ounce of sense, he is spending his time where it will be the most beneficial.

It's not about jumping from one forum to another to address any concerns etc. If we truly expected any business owner to spend their time in that fashion then we are expecting too much. Of course, if they did then their prices would need to go up due to hiring people to build while they played mediator. Then, we would be the same one's bitching and moaning that their prices are no longer what they used to be. It's all a game Randy. Life is a game and it's about spending your time where you feel the quality is.

Your comment that Jeff does nothing to address the concerns nor does he fix the problems is absurd to say the least. Not a single person here has stated that Jeff did not fix their problems. In fact, they stated it to the contrary. You have even heard from people who were part of the 2% club who are still very satisfied. That IS addressing the problems and fixing them. Proof is only found in action and thus far, you could not ask for more from him.

If you honestly think that the BOI is a solid cross section of his clientele base then you need to rethink your position. The BOI, as a whole, is a negative based forum which only serves to magnify what would otherwise be minuscule problems.

Griz

Old 10-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #92
Griz
Quote:
it sure looks like a higher percentage than one or two percent that have had problems with him, well unless he's making a million cages a year. Randy
One other point Randy. How many dissatisified customers can you find regarding Jeff? Let's just use the number of 20 that are here on this board. That would mean Jeff would have had to build at least 1000 cages over the years in order for the 2% rule to apply. I own around 50 myself and those were built within the last year. Do the math Randy and you will answer your own questions.

Griz

Old 10-31-2006, 12:12 PM   #93
ravensgait
Griz how has he fixed his customer service problem?? seems to me toooo many people and some regulars here that I believe and respect have had trouble with the guy. Seems to me and obviously others here that he has a problem and doesn't do anything to fix it, that's his choice as it is peoples choice to take their business to people who provide better service. We're not talking Walmart here if the guy is that busy hire some help. From what I've seen he makes a great product but pissing people off for any reason that you can avoid is JUST BAD BUSINESS plain and simple. He seems to piss people off and then try and make it right, sure seems to me that avoiding pissing them off would cost him far less than the way he seems to do business now.

I could care less where he post but when he is posting pics instead of taking care of a customer that's bad business

Never said it was or wasn't a cross section, but I also didn't make a claim that I have no way of knowing the truth of. Like I said unless he's dealing with a million customers a year the percentage is much higher than your made up percentage.

Not looking to have a pissing contest with you Griz but can't say as I like how you try to cram your opinion of this guy down our throats you had a good experience with Louis yet you recommend not doing business with him just because a very few others had a bad experience with him. You seem to value those peoples bad experience far more than those who have had bad experiences with Jeff here.

When I respond to a thread about someone I've done good business with I say just that, I had a good experience with them. I don't make up numbers and I don't think it's my place to Tell anyone who they should do business with.

You come across here as hey this is my buddy do business with him and don't complain no matter what happens and that's not what I think you intended nor is it right. Randy

Old 10-31-2006, 12:19 PM   #94
shrap
Other than a missed email or two I have never had any real communication issues or delayed shipping issues with Jeff personally.

BUT, there is no denying that there are aspects of Boaphile that could be ran better based purely on the volume of unhappy customers. For me personally, one customer that is unhappy due to a FAULT OF MY OWN is one too many. Hopefully Jeff is working on a solution that will minimize the communication issues and put his customer service inline with the quality of his products.

But I must say one last thing in this thread.... Unhappy customers are always much more vocal than happy ones. In fact, happy ones are rarely heard from at all.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:23 PM   #95
ravensgait
What math so you bought 50 that makes you 1, One , only a single customer and now that you've bought 50 of them you think your opinion matters more than those who bought one? Don't think so. How much ya getting paid to go off the deep end for this guy. I can tell ya Griz you sure are not helping the guy here.

Admit it you have no basis for your 2 percent you pulled it out of the air and are now trying to defend it why???

If you want to argue Griz I'll sit here and Argue with you but until you have some facts don't toss out numbers. You could have said the majority have had a good experience with Jeff and been right on the money . Instead you made up a number and are trying to defend that made up number.. The thing is it sure seems to many people have a problem with his customer service . So instead of arguing with me and others here why not talk to the guy and say hey really need to do something about your customer service. Then you'll have done something to help those who have a problem with Jeff and if he takes your advice you will have truly helped Jeff. Randy

Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #96
ravensgait
Exactly Sammy ,as the forum attest too. Far more said by unhappy people than those who were pleased with what they got.. Randy

Old 10-31-2006, 12:31 PM   #97
Suncoast Herpetological
This one is getting silly

Guys...this one boils down to two different statements that are both correct

1.) Bob and several others. You are pleased with the cages and choose to discount delays and bad communication skills as acceptable due to the quality of the product. Your choice (it would not be mine), Therefore, from your perspective, Jeff is a good guy you would continue to deal with.

2.) Jeremiah and several others. You place customer service and keeping to deadlines higher than a good deal on a good cage. I probably would too. From Jeremiahs's limited experience with Boaphile he has experienced; crappy communication, several missed promised shipping dates and the arrival of a damaged product which he tried to report to Boaphile for over a week and received no response back. From that limited perspective he was perfectly justified in naming Jeff a "Bad Guy".

There is no middle ground of agreement here. Either you have had a good experience or a bad one....period. Jeremiah has already stated that he will post the resolution here. That is really the only piece missing. All of the other back and forth crap is just prolonging this thread without adding anything of value.

One final thought though.....if any one who has contributed to this thread had experienced the same situation as Jeremiah with someone not as well known in the industry, they would have posted this thread a hell of a lot quicker than he did. Reputation only carries you so far....a bad transaction is a bad transaction no matter how many good ones you have had. being busy and having an "in demand" product is absolutely no excuse for crappy customer service.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:45 PM   #98
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
2.) Jeremiah and several others. You place customer service and keeping to deadlines higher than a good deal on a good cage. I probably would too. From Jeremiahs's limited experience with Boaphile he has experienced; crappy communication, several missed promised shipping dates and the arrival of a damaged product which he tried to report to Boaphile for over a week and received no response back. From that limited perspective he was perfectly justified in naming Jeff a "Bad Guy".
I fit in with the second group here. I do not place communication and deadlines above quality, but it certainly does make a difference.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:56 PM   #99
kmurphy
Quote:
I fit in with the second group here. I do not place communication and deadlines above quality, but it certainly does make a difference.
I believe it boils down to giving your customer reasonable expectations. I wouldn't mind waiting several, or more months for something, if I knew that was how long it took. If I couldn't accept the waiting period I would just purchase elsewhere. Setting an unrealistic deadline takes that option away from the customer.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:56 PM   #100
Griz
Quote:
Griz how has he fixed his customer service problem?? seems to me toooo many people and some regulars here that I believe and respect have had trouble with the guy. Seems to me and obviously others here that he has a problem and doesn't do anything to fix it, that's his choice as it is peoples choice to take their business to people who provide better service. We're not talking Walmart here if the guy is that busy hire some help. From what I've seen he makes a great product but pissing people off for any reason that you can avoid is JUST BAD BUSINESS plain and simple. He seems to piss people off and then try and make it right, sure seems to me that avoiding pissing them off would cost him far less than the way he seems to do business now.
Randy, I have said it before, that if the stories are being told accurately then I agree 100% with those posters. If the shoes were on my feet then you bet I would be upset. But, you still have to look at the guys proven track record when formulating your opinion. You have to look at any companies track record for that matter. After all, what good is a proven track record if people won't remember it?

Quote:
I could care less where he post but when he is posting pics instead of taking care of a customer that's bad business
Says you. It all depends upon the circumstances. Could it be that this little bit of a respite provides him with the mental accuity he needs in order to continue to build great products? Could it be that this respite is his "down time" for the day? Could it be that this respite actually generates additional business for him? There are too many factors to jump to such a conclusion.

Quote:
Never said it was or wasn't a cross section, but I also didn't make a claim that I have no way of knowing the truth of. Like I said unless he's dealing with a million customers a year the percentage is much higher than your made up percentage.
Look, Jeff is not going to hire Mercer to come in and perform a data mapping on his clientele. Common sense will tell you that the guy is doing a tremendous amount of business in relation to the number of dissastisfied customers. Besides, didn't you just jump to the very same conclusion, by making the million customers a year remark, that I did in which you just called me out on?

Quote:
Not looking to have a pissing contest with you Griz but can't say as I like how you try to cram your opinion of this guy down our throats you had a good experience with Louis yet you recommend not doing business with him just because a very few others had a bad experience with him. You seem to value those peoples bad experience far more than those who have had bad experiences with Jeff here.
Once again Randy, you are jumping to conclusions. My remarks regarding Luis were kept brief for the sake of that particular thread. The fact of the matter is there is a lot more information out there that I have first-hand regarding Luis that helped me formulate my opinions such as private emails between him and I. But, how I formulated that opinion really was not relevant to the thread or this one for that matter.

Quote:
When I respond to a thread about someone I've done good business with I say just that, I had a good experience with them. I don't make up numbers and I don't think it's my place to Tell anyone who they should do business with.
Again Randy, jumping to conclusions. I never once stated who someone should or should not do business with. What I did state is that a person should use more than just the negative information they read here to form their opinions. Pretty plain and simple, isn't it?

Quote:
You come across here as hey this is my buddy do business with him and don't complain no matter what happens and that's not what I think you intended nor is it right. Randy
You're right, that's not what I intended nor is it what I stated. If a person would read my words more carefully you will see that the premise behind them is pretty solid. If you will reread my posts, I never once stated that "joe blow" is wrong for being upset over the customer service. My comments have never been about someone being upset over the service they received. My comments have solely been about the foundation that people use to decide who to do business with and who not to do business with. For those that feel they were wronged then, of course they should look elsewhere. Who could argue against that? But, when what I feel is flawed logic is being applied as advice for those to whom have not done business with "joe blow" then yes, I will respond. I have not made derogatory comments towards anyone or their thought processes. If me challenging the way someone thinks is derogatory then they need to develop thicker skin as no slight was intended, ever.

Listen, if someone does not want to do business with Jeff because of what was stated here then so be it. My comments here are NOT so much directed towards Jeff's business. He was simply the example. The same principles would apply if we were talking about Walmart, Chevrolet or McDonalds. The principles are sound as is the logic behind it.

If the originator of this thread does not get taken care of then I will be one of the first one's to help back him up. To help motivate whomever to make sure that the wrong has been righted. Most people know that. But, I also don't believe in making a carte blanche statement regarding certain business practices in which we know nothing of.

Griz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!