Jeff Ronne - Boaphile Plastics - BAD GUY - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #81
Chameleon Company
Jeff deserves the heat when he screws up. Just like the rest of us. And if he screws up less, then he gets less heat. If I were in that 2%, I wouldn't give a rat's butt about the other 98%. Everyone in production may fall bahind, but that's no excuse for saying "its going out tomorrow", when "tomorrow" seems to be defined as many days if not weeks, not really tomorrow.

The upside with ordering from Jeff? Despite his shortcomings, he will fix it. If not stellar, than at least adequately. This forum abounds with cage builders who can't meet a promised deadline or fix a problem, and at times can't fill the order after taking the money. Jeff has a problem of inflating expectations about time-lines. Wish he'd wise up and fix that. Easy fix too. Say "I'm sorry ....two more weeks" instead of "two days", and than impress the customer with delivery in 10 days !

All cards face up? You'd be hard pressed to spend your money elsewhere and get a better all-around deal. Jeff ain't perfect yet. I think he's working on it.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:57 AM   #82
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
How he treats his customers???? Let's see, you will find literally HUNDREDS, if not thousands, of people who speak the praises of Boaphile, both in terms of quality but also customer service. But, you chose to listen to the voice of the MINORITY (and a MAJOR MINORITY at that) instead of the MAJORITY. Makes perfect sense to me. Talk about not seeing the tree's........

Griz
So it is coming down to the staunch supporter vs the disgruntled customer, and who's opinion we should listen to, is that it? Sure, there are plenty of people that will overlook delays and poor communication to get the product they prefer. That doesn't mean that the opinions/experiences of others are meaningless. Yes, people with good reputations drop the ball sometimes - we see that frequently here - but that doesn't give them a Get Out Of The Doghouse card. When they screw up, they deserve the same scrutiny that everyone else would get. YOUR good experiences are meaningless to the people that feel they have been treated poorly, Bob.

Just for the record, I think there has been more than enough grumbling about Jeff's customer service to give it some consideration. Not only that, I have experienced it firsthand. I never did order cages from him because of the lack of response to my inquiries and, when he was unable to provide a snake I purchased, it took far too long to get my refund. Mind you, I was never concerned that I wouldn't get it - just as I am sure the replacement cage will be provided in this case - but I should not have had to send all the emails, make multiple phone calls, or wait the weeks I did to get my money back.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:12 AM   #83
hhmoore
BTW - I will also admit to the fact that Jeff did answer one of my calls while he was out at lunch. I don't think he is a bad guy at all, just busy. And, as Jim said, Jeff's trying

Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #84
Zx7trev
As I said above, my only real problem with this thread is calling Jeff a bad guy in the title of this thread. If you never receive a repalcement cage, or a refund, then you might be entitled, but until then, its out of line. At worst he's just not very good at customer service and communication. Please keep your word and repost when he makes good. Its only fair.

Shawn

Old 10-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #85
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
So it is coming down to the staunch supporter vs the disgruntled customer, and who's opinion we should listen to, is that it? Sure, there are plenty of people that will overlook delays and poor communication to get the product they prefer. That doesn't mean that the opinions/experiences of others are meaningless. Yes, people with good reputations drop the ball sometimes - we see that frequently here - but that doesn't give them a Get Out Of The Doghouse card. When they screw up, they deserve the same scrutiny that everyone else would get. YOUR good experiences are meaningless to the people that feel they have been treated poorly, Bob.
I am fairly certain that none of my comments (in particular that you quoted) had anything to do with the originator of this post. If I were in his shoes, yes, I would be upset too assuming his version is the correct one. I also do not give a pass to ANYONE who gives poor customer service more often than not.

With that said, yes Harald, it does come down to which parties are you going to put your faith in. The 99 people who have had overall great service from Jeff or the 1 who did not. Whether we are talking about 1 dissatisfied customer or 10, the relativity is still the same. I think it is foolhearty to base one's decision upon the 1% otherwise you would have not only greatly eliminated your retail outlets but you would have eliminated all of your choices if you utilized that sort of flawed logic across the board.

Frankly, I could care less what people think about my specific experiences with Jeff are. But, for those same people to discard the specific POSITIVE experiences of 98 other people, would be silly, don't you think? If someone wants to take the "glass is half empty" approach to this matter then so be it. But then again, good luck finding anyone who can meet those type of expectations time and time again. A 1% dissatisfaction rate would be a tremendous goal for any business to achieve.

With that said, I agree with Jim. Jeff needs to learn the art of underpromising and then over-delivering. A customer gets great satisfaction in such practices.

Griz

Old 10-31-2006, 09:59 AM   #86
MorphCapital
Reply to Shawn

Shawn,

I appreciate your opinion. If and when Jeff sends the replacement cage as promised, I will amend my post accordingly.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:40 AM   #87
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmiah
If and when Jeff sends the replacement cage as promised, I will amend my post accordingly.
Jeremiah, I wonder how many times you will need to post that and how many times someone will ask you to do that.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:42 AM   #88
hhmoore
Don't worry, Bob, I understood who that comment was directed toward. That doesn't change the meaning of your words or mine, though. Also, even in this small thread, the ratio is far from 99% praising Jeff's customer service. Regardless, I am sure Jeremiah will get his cage replaced...but it will be interesting to see how long that takes.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:00 AM   #89
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Also, even in this small thread, the ratio is far from 99% praising Jeff's customer service.
Would you expect anything less on here? I was referring to the clientele as a whole and not just the limited picture that is typically seen here. I am sure you knew that though. I digress.......

Griz

Old 10-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #90
ravensgait
Griz how can you say the "Clientele as a whole "?? In this thread the satisfied verse the dis satisfied are not very far apart. Now if Jeff said that it would be one thing as he would have a real idea as to the numbers. And from the threads about his poor customer service it sure looks like a higher percentage than one or two percent that have had problems with him, well unless he's making a million cages a year. You had good luck with him , seems many others had the opposite experience.

I think what bothers me the most is he doesn't seem to care that people complain about his Customer Service, he doesn't address it and does nothing to fix it. Which could lead you to believe he doesn't give a furry rats pa tootty what his customers think of his service..Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!