Eastern Boxies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
ssshane
Eastern Boxies

This male emerged on Sat, and didn't waste anytime. This was taken on Sunday.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
The_Interloper
Male turtles are such horny buggers! 3 out of the 4 of my box turtles came out of hibernation yesterday.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
ssshane
Look what I found in the enclosure today (our first ever hatchling):

this is the male:

and this is the female:

Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
turtleowner1028
how much are you selling the baby box turtle for? i would love to have him.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
Very cool Shane....cute little buggers....and the dad looks pretty regal.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
ssshane
Quote:
how much are you selling the baby box turtle for?
To the best of my knowledge, its against the law to sell Eastern Boxies here in NC.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
Durante
I have questions about the law. I'm in pa have a hard time understand what laws mean what. If I had some could I not sell them also, I don't understand as long as they were not wild caught. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm more of a snake guy & know little besides how to care for little turtles.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
ssshane
I agree the laws are sometimes not very clear. I found this out on the web:

There is actually a NC "Turtle Law" and it is SB 825 from 2003. It states that you cannot have more than 4 turtles from the families of Emydidae and Trionychidae. It also states that it is prohibited for "commercial taking" however it defines commercial taking as: "the taking, possession, collection, transportation, purchase or sale of five or more individual turtles or terrapins from either of the two families of reptiles described in this section." So basically you can only have 4 turtles (by my interpritation its 4 per person) from the two families and so as long as you are not over that then you are good. The SB 825 "Turtle Law" can be found by googling it or on the NC Wildlife site. Now the EBT is a part of that list however it is no longer on the protected species of NC list as of the November 08 list.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
Durante
I'm going to have to read up more on my locations laws. I personally like the snakes but have 2 small small box turtles I help my son with. Shane keep me posted on how yours are doing & if you have any advise or suggestions I'm always up to learn something new. I checked out your snakes on your website, beautiful collection you have.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
ssshane
Quote:
I checked out your snakes on your website, beautiful collection you have.
Thank you. I hope your laws are easier to find. But with a few searches, you should find something. I too am a snake guy, but I really dig my box turtles. How long have you had the two you have?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!