Enclosure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
RonzRoyalz
Enclosure

I'm building my own 5 high enclosures for my bp's. I'm wanting to put my windows in so they can slide, left-right. Instead of the window with hinges. Can somone describe how to make the sliders for the windows?

Old 06-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
defcon222
Use glass tracks and then just have the glass cut to fit. You should have the glass cut slightly shorter than the height of the opening to be able to fit it in the track. I also use jeweler's locks to keep the doors secured.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
RonzRoyalz
Thanks Nat.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
RonzRoyalz
I found a company, Outwater. I got it in black and you have to buy at least 100".

Old 06-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
defcon222
I don't know why is didn't underline the link, but "Glass Track" in my previous post is a link to Rockler's website for the tracks. They are 4' pairs. You might be able to find them cheaper, but I was able to pick them up from a local Rockler store.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...5&site=ROCKLER

Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
RonzRoyalz
My racks!! Used HD storage shelves. Had the tubs sliding out long was as most, but like this idea better for my 14'sq room. Now I pull the tubs out 3' wide towards me. This way there not 3' deep from the wall, just 2' deep. I can go 8 tubs high by 4 racks across the 14' wall and it'll only come out 2'. That's 32 sub adults to adult tubs and then on a smaller wall I can face them the same way, but put 2 or 3 juvi tubs per shelf by 8 high by 2 racks across the smaller wall. That's 32 to 48 juvi tubs. Then I'll have a custom built 5 high enclosure for my keepers/ breeders. They'll have 3'Wx2'Dx1'H with sliding double window. And last but not least I'll have a custom built enclosure for my lav tiger retic. It'll be 8'Wx2'Dx1-1/2'H on the right side where his warm side will be and then it'll be 6'Hx3'W of the total 8'W on the left side for him to hang out in a piece of vertical drift wood. Can't wait to get it all DONE!
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!