Turtle Filter - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:04 PM   #11
user*name
Wink Filters

Fluval 404's are awesome, but pricey. best prices ive seen are on bigalsonline.com Also the whisper 40i internal filter is pretty good. Good luck.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #12
JBHerps
Filters are hard to come by for turtles, the problem is their all designed for fish, and can't handle the amount turtles put out. You just need a unit with the best features for your needs.

I have not tried as many filters as a lot of people on these forums you might come across, but this is what I recommend.

I think the best filter your going to find is the canister filter. They hold more filter media than internal units (so they don't need to be cleaned as often), they contain enough power to clean from one end of the tank to the other. And they take a lot less room in the enclosure, all that is needed are the inlet and outlet tubes.

I currently am filtering my turtle aquarium with a Filstar XP 1, and it is the best filter I have ever bought. The Filstar XP's best features in my opion are the ability to self prime / start, and easy cleaning.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #13
monk90222
www.thatpetplace.com has the fluvall 404 filters for like 100 bucks...that is the cheapest that I've seen it. I use a fluvall 204 on my RES tank and it keeps the water clear.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #14
Gerry G. Peaches
Quote:
Originally Posted by delighted2b
I have had such trouble finding out which filter is best for a turtle tank. I would like to find a filter that is pet owner recommended for my snapping turtle.

If the turtle owners could help me out which are the best filters that they have or have used it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Danielle DiPaolo
It sounds like a complex situaltion. I can custom make a filter for you. I will need to do a full inspection of the tank to develop the correct flow and pressure. Once assembled I will perform a free service call to take care of all the issues and needs.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #15
gfisher2002
Or he could just buy a filstar 3/4 or fluval 404.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!