NIGEL KOHRING NKReptiles very bad guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
Ed Lilley
NIGEL KOHRING NKReptiles very bad guy

I recently did a trade with Nigel Kohring, I just found out the boas (2) he represented as Jungle boas are bogus. I was told he produced them and found the same boas represented as pastel stripes somewhere else, (actual photos of the boas in question) he didn't even produce them! I have only seen good things said about him, But these boas are a total FRAUD. If anyone has a phone number, other than his cell # please Let me know. If you have bought a jungle boa from him Please contact me constrictorsnw@yahoo.com If you have got anything from this guy, like a het or somthing there could be any question to, be concerned. This is not a mistake but total FRAUD and I doubt that this kind of buisness practice just popped up.

thanks Ed Lilley

Old 06-27-2003, 07:51 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
Ed,

Were those the "jungle boas" pictured in kingsnake.com?

Regards.

Old 06-27-2003, 09:12 PM   #3
Ed Lilley
yes they are the same boas, I have been in contact with nigel and he swears to me they are real, and is working on proof. I don't know what he's got but I will be patient and see.

Ed Lilley

Old 06-27-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
Ed Lilley
If you know these (jungles) are the real deal please contact me. I don't mean to make a snap decision and rub someones name in the dirt, but the evidence has lead me to this point. I would love to be proven wrong, and apoligize if I am.

Thanks Ed Lilley

Old 06-27-2003, 09:48 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Ed,

Did you ever see a picture of Pete Kahl's "jungle phase" boa? Do you know who bred these and can the origin be tracked to Kahl's strain? I remember have seen those pictures and it struck me like odd that someone was referring to them as "jungle phase". Maybe you could post their picture here as the ad has been removed from kingsnake.com.

Regards.

Old 06-27-2003, 11:10 PM   #6
Ed Lilley
I am told the paper trail on the boas leads back to Rich Ihle, who I've got no problem with. So Hopefully I am wrong. here is a pic of one of the boas.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2003, 11:14 PM   #7
Ed Lilley
This pic was labeled pastel stripe f#6 showing a price of $450 witch lead me to this post. They are clearly the same boa, wee'll see what the story is.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2003, 12:27 AM   #8
The BoidSmith
Ed,

Here are pictures of one of Kahl's "jungle".

http://www.pkreptiles.com/images/boas/jungle/j004.jpg

Regards.

Old 06-28-2003, 04:42 AM   #9
Boavoyage
IMO, those two pictures are the same snake. Who posted the second picture as pastel stripe for $450.00?

Old 06-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #10
Winter
Hi folks,

I've had a similar incident with Nigel Kohring in the past, except for a much less expensive animal. I did not end up making the purchase because I did not feel that the seller was being honest with me on all fronts.

To make a long story short, I e-mailed Nigel about a snake he advertised as a pure hypo CA Boa at a reduced price. I inquired about it, was sent pictures, and was told it was locality pure (read: NOT a hybrid), and healthy. A few days later, I discovered Nigel's website, and found that the animal he was selling me as a CA boa was, instead, listed as an '02 female hypo Central American X Colombian cross with the identical pictures that he sent me. I immediately sent him an e-mail and asked him what the deal was. He wrote me back and said that someone else maintains his website, and that it was a sincere typo, but that the animal was as he represented it with me.

I could deal with that explanation, but I was also suspicious after days passed and the website remained unchanged, so I searched the classifieds for this boa to see if it had been posted before. Sure enough, it was listed previously by Mr. Nigel Kohring, as an '02 female hypo Central American X Colombian cross. I sent him another e-mail, and he replied that he does not make his own posts to advertise his animals. By that time, I was totally turned off by the deal, and bid him luck in his business.

A few months later, I saw the animal was still for sale, and I inquired again, because I genuinely liked the pictures, and asked this time for more information (i.e., who bred the boa, are there pictures of the parents, etc.) but never received a reply.

Here is an example of one of his advertisements for this animal:

"Hypo Central American" Classified here on Fauna

Here is the listing on his website today. If this is indeed an error on a description of the animal, it was pointed out to him several months ago, and was never changed regardless.

Quote:
02' Female hypo central American Colombian cross 3ft. Long eating large mice.
And thus was my single experience with Nigel. He may very well be an honest seller with great references. I have no idea since I never completed my transaction with him, but I feel that proceeding cautiously would be wise move.

Best of luck to you, Ed. I hope all works out for the best.

Regards,

Lauren Rost

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!