Go Lizards - Thumbs down. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2003, 09:07 PM   #1
Mark and Aimee
Go Lizards - Thumbs down.

We recently ordered two female Hermann's Tortoises from Go Lizards. We had some problems getting the money to the right place (sent to the wrong email address, funds put on hold, took a few days to straighten it out). Go Lizards was patient during the process.

After payment was recieved, communication came to an abrupt halt. We had to call and email several times to get a ship date - and we did not recieve a tracking number until after the tortoises arrived. Didn't do me a lot of good at that point.

These two tortoises measure 4-6 inches each. They were sent in a box that was WAY too large, in a pillow case together, with very little packing material to keep them from tumbling around in the box. One tortoise was on it's back when we opened the box. It was apparant that the box could be shaken around, and the tortoises went for quite a ride.

They were sent Airborne Express afternoon delivery instead of 10:30 AM delivery. There was no reason for this, since we had the shipping billed directly to us. Why bother choosing the cheap route??

Our requests for heat packs were ignored - and the tortoises arrived in 40 degree weather. Both were very cold.

One tortoise has runny eyes, and is quite underweight. The other is not as bad, but still a little lighter than I would have liked.

Even after numerous phone calls and emails, Go Lizards has not contacted us in regards to their shipping procedures and the condition of these animals.

It seems their guarantee is worthless, as they do not bother following up with their sales.

As soon as the money was recieved, the communication and service ended.

In all, I am extremely dissatisfied with this service, and would not order from them again.

Old 11-09-2003, 09:27 AM   #2
ScottsReptiles
Do you have any pictures to show how they were recieved?

Old 11-09-2003, 09:34 AM   #3
Mark and Aimee
no

They were freezing cold. I picked them up from the location I have my packages delivered to (a UPS store). I opened the box in my car. I found a pillow case, with two tortoises in it, and almost NO packing material.

Would you have stopped to take pictures? I'm sorry, my concern at that point was the health of the animals.

I really don't think pictures are necessary in this case.

Old 11-09-2003, 10:37 AM   #4
ScottsReptiles
Sorry.. I always take pictures... especially if they are in bad shape...

Old 11-09-2003, 10:46 AM   #5
GoLizards.com
My response to the situation

I apologize for the delay in my response time. I did receive your message and I was going to be giving you a call today. In your message you said they arrived cold. I did not know that one tortoise arrived on its back. I apologize for this. It was warm here and I did not put a heat pack in the box. I've shipped all over the country and haven't had a problem.

I will call you so we can discuss a refund or other options. I hope we can resolve this is a manner that makes you happy.

Thanks,
Jason Cruse
GoLIzards.com
913-341-7389

Old 11-09-2003, 12:27 PM   #6
ScottsReptiles
So what are your standards for packaging herps?

Old 11-09-2003, 01:44 PM   #7
smart_ask
Previous Trade

I traded for a 1.1 pair of YellowFoot Torts from Jason a couple of months ago and felt it to be a positive deal. They where packaged and shipped properly. The Male did have "cloudy" eyes but Jason stayed in touch after the trade. I did treat them a few times for parasites, kept them soaking more than normal and kept them under higher temps but I would expect to do the same with anyfresh imports. The males eyes did "clear" up and both currently are eating machines. Overall the animals I received where as discribed and shipped properly. From my deal with Jason I do believe him to be an honest guy and will be totally surprised if he doesn't go out of his way to make this right.

Respectfully,

Old 11-09-2003, 03:07 PM   #8
Mark and Aimee
Hmmm....

Well, I must apologize. There is no way Jason could have known anything about these animals.

He didn't ship them. Go Lizards is located in Overland Park, Kansas. The tortoises were shipped by "Lil Critters" of Plano, TX (about 540 miles away). Here's the tracking number for reference (Ariborne Airbill #9757571950)

Jason told me he "got them from a friend". My best guess at this point is he brokered the animals for a friend.

This would explain why Jason knows nothing of the way the animals were shipped, nothing of their condition, and could not even give me a tracking number in a timely manner.

In any event - I'm still waiting for that phone call to clear everything up.

Old 11-10-2003, 01:29 AM   #9
GoLizards.com
I tried to call

I don't know if your still on the computer but I tried to call you. Please leave a time that would be good to call you. Hopefully we can talk and resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jason
GoLizards
913-341-7389

Old 11-10-2003, 11:08 AM   #10
Mark and Aimee
Not 10:55 PM on a Sunday night. I can accept phone calls any time during the day, or evenings.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!