Name for website - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
TacticalMorphs
Name for website

I have been thinking about what to call my website. Anything i think of sounds really dumb. I dont want my name in it. All i will be doing is Pieds,Axanthics, Albino or any other morph with large quanities of white . any Thoughts.

I was thinking FrostedBallz.com But is sounds perverted to me.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
LadyOhh
Shane,

I would suggest actually breeding and producing the animals first before paying for a website that you may or may not need.

If you have already done so, I would suggest getting a professional name, not something that has a sexual connotation. Professionalism is the cornerstone of good business.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
TacticalMorphs
Website

I do plan on it and will share on here along the way. I guess im just too happy about my own ambitions.I hope that i will have a website one day. I hope all of you Veterans will guide me on the right path. I guess what im trying to say is I WANT THEM ALL

Old 10-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
dustinNMpythons
You want them all until you have 100 cages to clean lol. just kidding I was in the same boat at one point and still have a huge love for ball pythons but am looking at downsizing a little since it takes up soooo much time. After all this is a hobby for most of us. Not to discourage you at all, but you can have more fun with a handful of snakes than you can with a large scale collection that would need a website. You can give each snake the time it deserves.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
Rock Star Reptile
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
Shane,

I would suggest actually breeding and producing the animals first before paying for a website that you may or may not need.

If you have already done so, I would suggest getting a professional name, not something that has a sexual connotation. Professionalism is the cornerstone of good business.
Could not have said it better.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
TacticalMorphs
Im retired and have nothing better to do anyways. It keeps my mind off other things anyway. I want to only get bigger and better.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
dustinNMpythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by osbox View Post
Im retired and have nothing better to do anyways. It keeps my mind off other things anyway. I want to only get bigger and better.
In that case why not lol. I wish I could just do reptiles but I have a ways to go since I'm 25 haha. Good thing about the military is I can retire at age 39 with full benefits if I decide to stick it out. Then I could just do what I want to do afterwards. Its a good idea to go ahead and get a domain name if the one you want is available so it's reserved for you. They are cheap, like $12 a year depending on where you go. I was looking into it and it would be fun to mess around with a website to just get familiar with the how-to on it before you get really serious into it.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
sschind
IMO a lot of websites have dumb names so you are apparently not the only one who has that problem. I agree with ladyohh on the professional part. Anything with "Balls" in it will have many people questioning your not only your professionalism but your maturity level as well. I suppose a catchy name might get them to your site where you can hope to sell them on your products but do you really want to take the chance. If it sounds perverted to you it most certainly will to someone else as well. Do you really want that?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
dustinNMpythons
I would stick with original like a lot of the bigger guys rdr, bhb, brb, acreptiles, I mean granted NERD does have an awesome concept with the acronym but originality like that is hard to come by lol.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
Shadera
You could always set up a facebook page to kind of get your feet wet until you have need of an actual site. You can pretty much stick everything on FB that you'd put on a regular site anyways - pictures of animals, a bit about yourself, sales terms, future projects, etc. Best part is that it's completely free, and it will help you get your name out there so that when you finally have little ones for sale people will know your name.

Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!