Info Mike @ Outback Reptiles - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #91
Chris Kennard
All the meats and extra cheese please. Should I PM my address? Throw in onion rings, Ill pay for shipping.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:23 PM   #92
bobtard
Pepperoni please!

Old 01-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #93
Mr Sully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt View Post
Just a question for ya. Why would you resurrect a less than flattering thread about mike to tell him to holla at you when he comes to NY. I see you have a brand new join date so maybe you didn't realize by replying to any thread it doesn't matter how old it is it's drug back to the front page automatically.
I'm guessing it was an honest mistake. Next time I suggest sending a pm or just giving him a call
It was actually more of a joke Bro than bringing up a "un flattering thread". It's not like the thread is from 2014, it was this past summer and I was more less making light of the fact sometimes you cant please everybody & sh*t happens..I just had a good experience with Mike & a snake he sold me so I was chiming in....

Old 01-20-2017, 02:55 AM   #94
hhwoo
Just a friendly word of advice to Mike, in future, don't plan to ship the day after a show. You know what a show involves, don't make things harder on yourself than you have to. The customer wasn't in some huge hurry and rushing you to deliver right away. Just a little common business sense.

I think committing to doing this would also satisfy the op's request that you make an improvement to avoid such a situation in future. And doesn't require much effort; if anything, it would save you much more effort in the long run.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #95
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
It was actually more of a joke Bro than bringing up a "un flattering thread". It's not like the thread is from 2014, it was this past summer and I was more less making light of the fact sometimes you cant please everybody & sh*t happens..I just had a good experience with Mike & a snake he sold me so I was chiming in....
Sorry I must have totally misunderstood your post. I'll go back and read it again.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #96
TriangleReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUltimateReptiles View Post
Unless this is some sort of constant and running problem with Mike, which I haven't seen post after post about this, I fail to see the issue here. He admitted he screwed up, and he made it right. There is no perfect system. I doubt every animal has a barcode that is scanned and automatically removed immediately. And even then, what if someone made a mistake and forgot to scan it? We are human. When you deal with a lot of animals and transactions and are trying to be in a few places at once, something will eventually fall through the cracks. I do almost all of my company's Internet orders.

What matters is how you try to recover from that mistake. Mike admitted fault. He gave you your money back.
I had a very similar incident with Mike. He had a pair of hognose for sale, and I sent an email inquiry. Getting no response, I called and spoke with him, hoping to purchase a trio rather than a pair. He checked while we were on the phone and told me he had only one female. I told him that I wanted the pair and he told me he would ship the following Monday.
Monday when I didn't get a shipping confirmation, I call and he tells me that the female was sold. I told him to go ahead and ship the male and issue a refund. It did take a week and two additional phone calls to get the refund, but I got it. When we spoke on the second call, I heard him tell the owner, and the owner responded "well I guess he thinks I'm a f*** a**hole".
I did get the snake and eventually the refund, and no hard feelings, but it does seem that they have an inventory problem at least to a small degree. Again, I'm not unhappy with Mike or Outback...the snake I received is great at a fair price. If they have something else I need, I'll still do business with them. I just wanted to add my experience

Old 01-26-2017, 05:42 PM   #97
lhoward96
I haven't read everything else that's been said, but here's my experience with Outback Reptiles:

I bought a baby 1.0 Spider Banana ball python from them at a show in Raleigh, and it died the next day. I immediately message them on their facebook page, explaining everything I did and how I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I ask for a credit, and they agree. I message every now and then asking about the availability of a couple snakes or if I could buy this or that. I wanted to add another $100-150 to the credit to get another snake. They weren't too communicative, but I understand they're busy with lots of animals.

At the show in January in Raleigh, I see them there, talk to Ian about what happened, and he worked with me very well and made everything right. The original snake was $175, I added another $100 on it and got a very nice looking 1.0 Clown ball python. Very grateful for them working with me, and especially because their show prices beat everyone else's by miles. Looking forward to getting more snakes from them in the future.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #98
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Haha no worries, only problem is now everybody will want pizza from me until this thread goes away again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
I offered a FREE Pizza as reconciliation and was mocked. I never really ~truly~ recovered (mentally, nor physically) from that humiliation ...
You don't see to be too depressed about the pizza issue if you are chuckling about it now. Hopefully the inventory control is better controlled.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #99
Robert Walker
We each choose who to conduct business with...
Purveyor of not so fine Quotes - Mike Schultz: Sales & Marketing for Outback Reptiles

1. "I was actually planning on putting my penis in your mouth next time I'm out that way, Tom."
2. "To be fair, he is using internet explorer so he may well be a fag anyways."
3. "OMG ashley, ryan cheated on you after i used you as a penis puppet? That must suck "
4. "Is your black male a hard worker?"
5. "And I sleep with women too. Doesn't (necessarily) mean I've slept with yours.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #100
Pasodama
The nasty things said, in those quotes, ~really~ take me aback.

Have done business, in the past, with Mike/Outback. The experience was a great one with Mike and the snakes I received. In fact, I still have those healthy snakes.

Have not dealt with Mike, on a personal level, but never once did Mike show "that" side of him (in the quotes) during a business transaction with me.

~~~~

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!