New Member from Denver, CO - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
jc_hammy
Talking New Member from Denver, CO

Good Morning All,

My name is Jeff, happy husband and father of two who is starting a reptile project. I was in the market for a large aquarium and stumbled into a large vivarium. Through youtube and discussions at local shops, I have started a complete rebuild to include a custom background and pond feature. It's quite the undertaking. The kids really want to have crested geckos, so that is the direction I am looking and designing.

Also, my daughter is a 4H kid, so we are starting to look at rabbits for her first animal project. Bit much to chew on all at the same time, but as the kids are 12, it's time they learn the responsibility of their pursuits.

Look forward to meeting some folks and learning as much as possible.

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2018, 08:31 PM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
Welcome to the forum. I would love to see pictures of your projects. Its great your being such a good father to your kids.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
MerakiMisfits
Welcome! I'm new here, and from Colorado as well!

Old 05-06-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
jc_hammy
Hi Jennifer, we are city people learning about animals. We now have 6 rabbits in our garage with the whole setup going well. Spent all weekend getting rabbits and getting everything set up.

I'll get some pics up soon of the build for the reptiles as well. Work on that slowed down a bit with the rabbits, but we'll get there.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #5
jc_hammy
Hey Matt, I'll try to post a couple of the photos, hopefully it works. I had to replace the bottom of the tank first, made sure it held water, then started rebuilding. At this point, I have to finish cleaning up the new custom background then start work on the substrate and the canopy. I hope to have it planted within the next month or so.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
Ed Clark
Welcome Jeff!

Old 05-08-2018, 11:46 PM   #7
jc_hammy
Okay, think I got the photos this time, been working on finishing the background and getting close to finishing the pond and starting on the cover/misting system.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2018, 02:55 PM   #8
Dyscophus antongilii
Wow, that came out really cool. Thanks for sharing that with all of us. Please keep us updated on the progress.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:04 AM   #9
hotlips
Yes, very nice project! Welcome here, we look forward to your further posts-

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!