Hello! I'm new~ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
skydnay
Talking Hello! I'm new~

Hello!

I've lurked around on this forum for a while, checking out the BOI for various sellers, and ended up finding a lot of threads on this forum through research for various reptiles. I finally decided to make an account.

I'm Syd! I'm from Dallas, TX, and I currently have way too many animals for a one bedroom apartment (but I'll be moving into a house next month, so it's all good).

I currently own:

Ball Pythons
- 1.0 normal (Echo)
- 1.0 spider enchi ghost (Whiskey)
- 0.1 super pastel lesser (Tango)

Leopard Geckos
- 0.2 super hypo? maybe? One was a rescue, and the other was re-homed from a friend (Riddle and Valkyrie)

A lot of fish

community tank
- 8 neon tetras (The Borg, collectively)
- 2 false julii cory cats (Janeway and Kirk)
- 1 peppered/panda (?) cory cat (Salvador)
- 2 banjo catfish (Banjo and Kazooie)
- 1 "common" pleco (Pebble)

betta tank (10 gal, divided)
- 1 halfmoon, red and blue (Jacuzzi)
- 1 veiltail, solid red (Vash)
- 2 ghost shrimp (The Scrimps)

smaller community tank
- 1 crowntail betta, dark red and blue (Senketsu)
- 1 albino cory (Sulu)
- 1 peppered cory (Riker)

DOGS
1.0 shepherd/collie mix (Toby)
0.1 lab/pyrenees/husky?/pit? (Toast)

Aaaaaaand I will soon be getting myself into venomous snakes with a baby hypo copperhead. Oh boy.

Anyway, hello! I tend to lurk a LOT, but I really enjoy the reptile communities I've been finding online, so maybe I'll end up being a little more engaged. Hopefully.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
elena
Welcome! I'd love to see some pics of your bettas! And if you'd like to post pics of your leos, I can probably identify the morph for you.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
pretends2bnormal
Welcome city-neighbor!

I've got quite a few fish as well as my reptiles and dog (red heeler mix, Remus), so I feel you on the space, luckily I own my house so I have a spare room we've dedicated to the reptiles.

I'm not nearly confident enough to want to get into venomous, but they look amazing.

My husband and I have several fish tanks going and a DIY small above-ground pond. (55gal, 60gal, 28gal, and 2 5 gal betta tanks plus the 110 gallon pond)

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk fish or anything!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 07-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
skydnay
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
Welcome! I'd love to see some pics of your bettas! And if you'd like to post pics of your leos, I can probably identify the morph for you.
I found some pics on my phone of Jacuzzi and Vash! I don't have any pics of Senketsu tho!

And my leos! The one hiding is Valkyrie and the one in my hand is Riddle. They look so alike, my husband had to make sure Riddle was still in her tank when we got Valkyrie. Down to even missing toes from fighting in previous care.. poor girls. But if you could id their morph, that'd be stellar!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Old 07-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
skydnay
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
Welcome city-neighbor!

I've got quite a few fish as well as my reptiles and dog (red heeler mix, Remus), so I feel you on the space, luckily I own my house so I have a spare room we've dedicated to the reptiles.

I'm not nearly confident enough to want to get into venomous, but they look amazing.

My husband and I have several fish tanks going and a DIY small above-ground pond. (55gal, 60gal, 28gal, and 2 5 gal betta tanks plus the 110 gallon pond)

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk fish or anything!

Well, howdy, neighbor!

I suppose I'm not entirely surprised; I've see a lot of BP.net peeps over here. I feel like we should hang out, though, as you're even closer than I realized! I live in Little Elm!

Actually, that's most what I'm excited about. Once my husband and I move, we'll have a spare room for animals. It will be mostly reptiles, though a few aquariums may end up in that room as well. We shall see!

For venomous, it certainly seems to take a certain kind of person. While I do feel confident enough to be around hots, I didn't think I'd ever own any maybe ever. The little copperhead we'll be getting will be from a litter of a relocated female. A friend of ours got stuck with a bunch of copperheads after someone he knew basically said, "I'm trying to get rid of these. Either you take them, or I'm killing them." Thus, new snake for me. After we move, of course.

That's so cool about the aquariums! What do you have in them? My husband is the reason we have so many fish, and I'm the reason for the reptiles, haha. He wants to get a flowerhorn once we move, oh boy!

And I may take you up on that!

Old 07-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #6
pretends2bnormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydnay View Post
Well, howdy, neighbor!

I suppose I'm not entirely surprised; I've see a lot of BP.net peeps over here. I feel like we should hang out, though, as you're even closer than I realized! I live in Little Elm!

Actually, that's most what I'm excited about. Once my husband and I move, we'll have a spare room for animals. It will be mostly reptiles, though a few aquariums may end up in that room as well. We shall see!

For venomous, it certainly seems to take a certain kind of person. While I do feel confident enough to be around hots, I didn't think I'd ever own any maybe ever. The little copperhead we'll be getting will be from a litter of a relocated female. A friend of ours got stuck with a bunch of copperheads after someone he knew basically said, "I'm trying to get rid of these. Either you take them, or I'm killing them." Thus, new snake for me. After we move, of course.

That's so cool about the aquariums! What do you have in them? My husband is the reason we have so many fish, and I'm the reason for the reptiles, haha. He wants to get a flowerhorn once we move, oh boy!

And I may take you up on that!
That's really good of you to take one in, then! I'm just not willing to risk it on a regular basis with venomous or figure out the best way to do things. I'd be bothered forever by things like stuck shed when there isn't an easy or safe way to deal with it. Completely awesome of you to hell with the rescue of one!

I bought some used T8s from a guy in Waco who has a whole host of venomous and carpet pythons he breeds out of a small apartment. He had a massive gaboon, some rattlesnakes, and squams that I recall, but probably a bunch I didn't see or identify as well.

I'm definitely not against meeting up sometime. We're still finishing up our room, so it's all a bit of a mess right now.

We have a bunch of different fish.. a 60 gal and a 29 gal community tanks, and 2 5 gal betta tanks.
60 has scissortail rasbora, a dwarf gourami, a yoyo loach, and an albino pleco (common, but bought and intended as a bristlenose..)
29 has a big mix. Some harlequin rasboras, some purple harlequin rasboras, a molly, a platy, 4 or 5 species of cory cat, mostly singles tho they all school together, and a few single tropical whose school has passed away one by one (cherry barb, xray tetra, black neon, glowlight tetra) and a small group of regular neons. They have a 100 gallon filter and plants, so despite the numbers seem to be doing fine. They were in a bigger tank and are being shuffled for now.

Our 55 gal hosts our 2 axolotl now that they got comically large in a 20 long. (This was where the mish mash group was before)

My husband started the fish, and he's more interested in getting variety than others. Never seemed as interested in cichlids, but he wants rainbowfish or bigger fish. We used to have a rainbow shark in the 60 gal, but he died unexpectedly last month..

Old 07-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #7
elena
The gecko in your hand is a super hypo tangerine. The one in it's hide looks to be a super hypo as well, as neither appear to have body spots. The tangerine designation is given to animals who are overall orange-toned, as opposed to yellow/tan/brown/gray.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:16 PM   #8
skydnay
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
That's really good of you to take one in, then! I'm just not willing to risk it on a regular basis with venomous or figure out the best way to do things. I'd be bothered forever by things like stuck shed when there isn't an easy or safe way to deal with it. Completely awesome of you to hell with the rescue of one!

I bought some used T8s from a guy in Waco who has a whole host of venomous and carpet pythons he breeds out of a small apartment. He had a massive gaboon, some rattlesnakes, and squams that I recall, but probably a bunch I didn't see or identify as well.

I'm definitely not against meeting up sometime. We're still finishing up our room, so it's all a bit of a mess right now.

We have a bunch of different fish.. a 60 gal and a 29 gal community tanks, and 2 5 gal betta tanks.
60 has scissortail rasbora, a dwarf gourami, a yoyo loach, and an albino pleco (common, but bought and intended as a bristlenose..)
29 has a big mix. Some harlequin rasboras, some purple harlequin rasboras, a molly, a platy, 4 or 5 species of cory cat, mostly singles tho they all school together, and a few single tropical whose school has passed away one by one (cherry barb, xray tetra, black neon, glowlight tetra) and a small group of regular neons. They have a 100 gallon filter and plants, so despite the numbers seem to be doing fine. They were in a bigger tank and are being shuffled for now.

Our 55 gal hosts our 2 axolotl now that they got comically large in a 20 long. (This was where the mish mash group was before)

My husband started the fish, and he's more interested in getting variety than others. Never seemed as interested in cichlids, but he wants rainbowfish or bigger fish. We used to have a rainbow shark in the 60 gal, but he died unexpectedly last month..

Completely understandable! Honestly, if it wasn't a rescue type of situation, I wouldn't even be getting into hots right now. And I don't see myself getting any others for a very long time. What with having a bunch of mammals in the house, a single copperhead will be about all the danger I'm will to risk.

But whoa, neat! Waco's a ways, but getting some T8s is worth it, I'm sure!! That's impressive for a small apartment, though! The friend I'm getting the copperhead from has quite the venomous collections as well, including a bush viper, a rattlesnake, and two cobras. Jesus.

Wow, that is quite the impressive array of fish! I'm sure your aquariums are beautiful, though I'm sorry about your losses! That's never fun. My husband gets so attached to his fish that when they die, he holds what I can only describe as mini funerals for them.

I'll have to hit you up to hang out sometime then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
The gecko in your hand is a super hypo tangerine. The one in it's hide looks to be a super hypo as well, as neither appear to have body spots. The tangerine designation is given to animals who are overall orange-toned, as opposed to yellow/tan/brown/gray.
Ohh! Thank you! I've been wondering for so long, as I never really got into leo morphs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!