Inquiry & Q's : RodentPro - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #11
Marcial Mendez
Maybe I received an unusually bad order, but after being used to the quality of TMF, I would not say that RP provides quality rodents.

-The shipment I got was full of dirty rodents (soaked in urine with way too much feces and wood shavings in the bag).

-Poorly packed (rodents in contorted positions, taking up twice as much box / freezer space as would be required if they were neatly arranged), and not vacuum sealed.

-Some rodents were missing legs, tails, HEADS.

-Upon thawing out, they smelled terrible.

-Some of my more finicky animals would not eat them.

They might have been a bit cheaper, but hardly a bargain for what I got.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #12
Phobos
I agree with John. I've used them for a few years now and never had any problem what so ever. I order in bulk and rotate stock and place a new order when I get down to a 15 day supply. I can't say anything about the others mentioned because I have not used them and don't plan to either at the moment. I don't fix things that are not broken.

Al
Deadly Beautiful Zoological

Old 02-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #13
Wraith
i have never had a problem with rodent pro.

I think at this time of year there tends to be shortages as people are gearing up in advance for baby season and don't want to have to worry about ordering and having food shipped during warm/hot months. Also, keep in mind that RodentPro also markets to and supplies falconers/rehabbers with birds - not just herpers. birds of prey eat every day and when you have multiple birds you really do go through a lot of food so it's a fair guess that falconers are more regular about ordering food to have on hand compared to herper's who can afford to stock pile a single order for a longer period of time. Falconers with flighted bird (when they have time) can supplement their birds diet with what the birds catch on a hunt, but that's not always a daily event.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
ToshaMc
As the old saying goes - you get what you pay for - we tried RP and were displeased with their product - with the wait, the shipping and the quality of the product were substandard in my book and certainly not worth the dollars "saved".

We are very happy with TMF - I love that no matter the time of year they have always been able to ship my bulk order immediately - their quality is stellar as is their customer service - no matter how big or small of a customer you are.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
omni
I've ordered from RP once and was happy with the quality and speed of delivery, however the sizing was off. Not exactly what I wanted. The fuzzy mice ordered came in as relatively few fuzzies, being mostly hoppers, many weanlings and even an adult in the bag.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
The BoidSmith
Here's my experience

Order placed:

Quote:
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 7:45 PM
Subject: RodentPro.com - Order Status:

Dear Daniel Garcia

This message is to confirm your recently placed order with RodentPro.com has been received.We will send you another e-mail containing your tracking information once your order has been shipped.You may also check your order status on our web site by choosing the "Order Status" button on our menu.

Shipping Details for Your Order:

Delivery Method: UPS Ground Service
Estimated Arrival: 2/14/2008
Arrival date:

Quote:
***Do not reply to this e-mail. UPS and RODENTPRO.COM will not receive your reply.

This message was sent to you at the request of RODENTPRO.COM to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact RODENTPRO.COM directly.

Important Delivery Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scheduled Delivery: 13-February-2008

Shipment Detail

Number of Packages 1
UPS Service: GROUND
Weight: 41.0 LBS

No problems here, ever. Their procedure for shipping, and how long it takes for your order to arrive is in their TOS. Knowing this we place our orders according to when we need extra rodents. As you can see they even arrived one day earlier.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #17
Fangthane
I've only been using RodentPro for about 2 months now but so far I don't have any real complaints. I've noticed the occasional missing head or broken leg but it's not really "the norm" so far as I can tell. As mentioned earlier, it would be nice if the animals weren't contorted and were maybe bagged a little better so more would fit in a single box..but overall I've been very happy with their products. I'm not too picky though so I'll gladly deal with an 8 day wait for shipping and a couple missing legs if it amounts to considerable savings.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #18
Justin Mitcham
same experience...

Quote:
-The shipment I got was full of dirty rodents (soaked in urine with way too much feces and wood shavings in the bag).

-Poorly packed (rodents in contorted positions, taking up twice as much box / freezer space as would be required if they were neatly arranged), and not vacuum sealed.

-Some rodents were missing legs, tails, HEADS.

-Upon thawing out, they smelled terrible.

-Some of my more finicky animals would not eat them.

They might have been a bit cheaper, but hardly a bargain for what I got.
I had the same experience several years ago, I heard that they buy there rodents from various small time breeders etc..If this is true I would say quality control of nutrition and freashness would be very hard to keep track off since you have to rely on the seller's being honest etc...
It's funny how so many big name breeders spend so much on there collections just to cut corners on feeding which basically is the biggest element to good production, healthy breeders and hatchlings etc..
I visit Big Cheese once a week and have been for many years now. They have the cleanest facility I have ever visited. They feed there feeders high quality food and you can rest assure they are clean, freash, been humanly killed and expertly vaccumm packed..I love the fact that I really know what I am getting as oppossed to the other companies.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #19
Metachrosis
This thread can play on for another 10 pages but here in lies the truth.
Chad and Chris run a pretty straight shop at Big Cheese.
Rodent Pro doesn't stand a chance even at twice the sales volume,I'll never use RP or TMF again.
4 Consecutive years with Big Cheese has afforded unequaled "Consistency"
Some people bitch about Big Cheese's size ratio,WTF ? Getting more meat for your money is a bad thing ?
I'll gladly take Med. that rival RP or TMF Large by 20 grams as a plus ANY DAY ! Weanling's that smoke RP's small .....ANY DAY !!!

Better Quality affords larger,healthier prey !! Understanding this and ordering accordingly will prove out BIG CHEESE over the competition time and again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
I had the same experience several years ago, I heard that they buy there rodents from various small time breeders etc..If this is true I would say quality control of nutrition and freashness would be very hard to keep track off since you have to rely on the seller's being honest etc...
It's funny how so many big name breeders spend so much on there collections just to cut corners on feeding which basically is the biggest element to good production, healthy breeders and hatchlings etc..
I visit Big Cheese once a week and have been for many years now. They have the cleanest facility I have ever visited. They feed there feeders high quality food and you can rest assure they are clean, freash, been humanly killed and expertly vaccumm packed..I love the fact that I really know what I am getting as oppossed to the other companies.
Tom Sargent

Old 02-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #20
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
Justin,

I would like to know if the person who said that knows it for a fact. If that's the truth I will have to switch providers but I don't want to do it before this can be confirmed.

Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!