Bad Guy sick reptiles from duron and matt - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
AbsoluteApril
for those that are having trouble reading the paragraph, basically what I got from it was Duron let Matt post some of Matt's animals on Duron's FB page and the OP dealt directly with Matt.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
aleria
Eh, I'd have to say that the title of the thread is still mostly suitable as it was Duron's page that the animals were advertised on and it was Duron that recommended Matt. Just because Matt turned out to be not such a good guy after the fact doesn't really let him off the hook. I mean if you're willing to put your name behind someone else and recommend them then I guess you should also be prepared to deal with the consequences if that person turns around and is a bad guy.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #13
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
Eh, I'd have to say that the title of the thread is still mostly suitable as it was Duron's page that the animals were advertised on and it was Duron that recommended Matt. Just because Matt turned out to be not such a good guy after the fact doesn't really let him off the hook. I mean if you're willing to put your name behind someone else and recommend them then I guess you should also be prepared to deal with the consequences if that person turns around and is a bad guy.

That giant run on sentence gave me a major headache

Old 12-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
cajunreptiles
Quote:
You cant hold someone responsible for someone else actions. He had no control over the deal that was set up. Theres also 3 sides to a story, the buyer, the seller and the truth which will never be known. Everyone dogged the guy that had no say in anything at least he came on here and stated his case and still even said he would help after the buyer posted this. I wouldnt help someone out that ran around slandering my name in which i had no doings with.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
for those that are having trouble reading the paragraph, basically what I got from it was Duron let Matt post some of Matt's animals on Duron's FB page and the OP dealt directly with Matt.
Thanks April - powers of concise speech well demonstrated!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #16
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunreptiles View Post
You cant hold someone responsible for someone else actions. He had no control over the deal that was set up. Theres also 3 sides to a story, the buyer, the seller and the truth which will never be known. Everyone dogged the guy that had no say in anything at least he came on here and stated his case and still even said he would help after the buyer posted this. I wouldnt help someone out that ran around slandering my name in which i had no doings with.
Being that they were initially made to look like business/breeding partners then yes, in this case I think it is appropriate to hold him at least partially responsible. Sure it might not be on him to turn around and pay the OP back, but he should at least offer some sort of apology and try to help in making things right. Sure their dealings/partnership may have dissolved after the fact, but at the time of Duron telling the OP to go ahead and purchase from Matt since he didn't have what he was looking for on hand to sell then even I'd have thought it was a sort of a partnership type deal that both Duron and Matt were a part of.

We've seen plenty of "business/breeding" partners suddenly decide to claim they have absolutely nothing to do with each other once one of them decides to do wrong, but that doesn't make either one any less responsible when you are presenting yourselves to your customers as such. If he had broken off his dealings with Matt due to him being "irresponsible, not taking care of his animals, and only being in it for the money(paraphrased)" then he should not have been turning around and recommending him as a seller.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #17
cajunreptiles
Quote:
Being that they were initially made to look like business/breeding partners then yes, in this case I think it is appropriate to hold him at least partially responsible. Sure it might not be on him to turn around and pay the OP back, but he should at least offer some sort of apology and try to help in making things right. Sure their dealings/partnership may have dissolved after the fact, but at the time of Duron telling the OP to go ahead and purchase from Matt since he didn't have what he was looking for on hand to sell then even I'd have thought it was a sort of a partnership type deal that both Duron and Matt were a part of.

We've seen plenty of "business/breeding" partners suddenly decide to claim they have absolutely nothing to do with each other once one of them decides to do wrong, but that doesn't make either one any less responsible when you are presenting yourselves to your customers as such. If he had broken off his dealings with Matt due to him being "irresponsible, not taking care of his animals, and only being in it for the money(paraphrased)" then he should not have been turning around and recommending him as a seller.
You have a point he should be partially responsible but def not fully. And your right it does seem when the sh** hits the fan then those "buisness partners" just out of the blue dont even know each other. He did say he would provide help and advice on how to care and bring the fril back to health. Also he said they were only breeding partners not business partners but i see that as the same thing.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
Yogi Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumRosePythons View Post

That giant run on sentence gave me a major headache
I have never read such a horrible paragraph in my life!! It, literally, gave me a headache!!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #19
s4sainz
Greetings All,

I know both Matt and Duron, Duron is an old buddy of mine. I have personally seen his animals and his husbandry methods implemented, furthermore i must say his passion is second to none. I know his english grammar is bad, but he means good. As far as Matt goes, its a different story.

The OP can most likely contact Matt through Craigslist, Matt is constantly posting up on Craigslist deceiving people by pretending to be a Reptile Rescue Center. For some reason ignorant people who believe Matt will give him their reptiles; which he in turns resells these "ADOPTED ANIMALS" on local sites.

The frilly he sold the OP was probably someone's dying reptile. A while back Matthew had used some food coloring dye on some Bearded Dragons, to give them colorations of high contrast pigmentation, claiming them to be morphs. I have heard about many shady dealings on behalf of Matt, i would be careful when dealing with someone of this nature.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #20
reptilelover81
wowzers im not much of and internet person, but i am sincere

well sorry for the run on sentence but ill keep this short and brief, as for my business with Matthew we only collaborated on a few breeding projects as for bearded dragons, he wanted to breed his frills with mines but we never done so, the frill frank was asking about was on my profile and at my home at the time, frank then took sometime to get back to me, being i didn't have any babies to sale him, after a month later frank check back and saw the frill Mathew had posted on my facebook which i have a love of fellow herps who post on my profile and it goes back and forth and so on, but as said when frank couldn't make up his mine, and gave him Matthew number so they could do business between each other, im not not Matthew brother or etc, i don't take kind to foul people, i was done wrong in this case as well, also im a sincere person i attach my number in case i was misunderstood feel free to make use of it respectfully and thank you kindly for your time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
frilled dragon