Help identifying morph? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
Slashmaster
Help identifying morph?

I have a mystery snake that popped out of the egg (to me, at least).
I'm thinking enchi pastel but I'm not very sure? The head is weird.

Entire clutch

The one that is hiding is

Pairing is lemon pastel enchi x champagne ...
Female is the champagne and she was a virgin and was not paired with any other males.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:07 AM   #2
Big Borg Reptiles
As soon as I saw it I was thinking fire, but obviously I don't know what I'm talking about :P

A quick google search of pastel enchi looks about right. Very nice blushing, congrats.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Slashmaster
It does kind of remind me of a vanilla cream. When my VC was a neonate it looked a lot like that.

The only thing is that the head doesn't match the famous enchi stamp. :X And it looks nothing like the father, which is a lemon pastel enchi with the famous head stamp.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #4
Big Borg Reptiles
Just doing some minor research, I think the only possible combos (assuming the genetics of the parents are a for sure) would be an enchi pastel or an enchi champagne. The pastel champagne wouldn't have a distinguishable pattern, but the enchi champagne does. It also looks SUPER blushed out to just be an enchi pastel, so my guess would be option 2. Probably better to ask someone who didn't think it was a completely different gene from the start though -.- lol

Old 07-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #5
Slashmaster

I'm pretty sure this little one is the enchi champagne. It has too much pattern to be champagne and enchi does some weird stuff to it.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #6
Big Borg Reptiles
It obviously has the enchi/pastel eyes, so one or both are undoubtedly in there. I'm pretty sure you were spot on, but this is based on my knowledge of google images and not personal experience :P

I'm going to keep my dummy mouth shut now and let someone who knows better give their input.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 AM   #7
hhmoore
To start - I suck at this game.
Also, I don't think that it is a given that enchi champagnes will have distinct pattern.

That snake doesn't look like normal pastel enchi to me...if that's what it is, you scored an exceptionally nice one. The one at the top right of "entire clutch" pic looks pastel enchi-ish (that isn't the best pic for identifying; so I'm just saying it has that look).
How about pics of the parents?

*Edited to add - get that crinkly one on the bottom right in some water

Old 07-15-2014, 02:23 AM   #8
Slashmaster

Here is mom...

Here is dad when he was a little smaller.

The only thing I know 'bout them is that the lemon pastel enchi is ph pied, and the champagne is ph ghost.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:27 AM   #9
Big Borg Reptiles
Harald, I don't know very much about champagnes, but if there was something like fire or another lightening morph in it would one be able to tell since the pattern is already so reduced? I honestly have no idea, it was just a thought when you mentioned seeing the parents.

And yea, I only saw two pics of pastel enchis that looked similar but those were out of how many total? If those are the only three genes possible you got some good ones.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:30 AM   #10
Slashmaster
I'm starting to wonder if the baby might be enchi pastel yellowbelly. Looking at some pictures, some of them have weird heads and it'd explain the strange blushing.

The lemon pastel enchi was also advertised as "fader" but I don't think that's an actual gene. Hm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!