Bad Guy Gastro 3003 (PLEASE BUYERS BEWARE) !!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #61
Lucille
Adam, you may risk Paypal thinking this is a partial payment which they don't cover if you say something about the amount. My feeling is that you are possibly being set up.
If this person was going to pay tuition in another day, wait, he should have the $ tomorrow unless he was fibbing. He can still send the balance. Paypal is not the only way to pay.
If he wants to play games, just wait for Paypal to work through it. Don't be pushed or bullied into doing something that might block your refund (like his multiple entreaties that you drop the claim).

Old 05-24-2016, 06:16 PM   #62
Gastro3003
Their is no" set up"

HE told them I owe him 927 instead of the real amount

I have said my piece

He is no victim

Good night all

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 05-24-2016, 06:35 PM   #63
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
The way that's worded it sounds like the first person to send the money to my PayPal get the animal. You may want to be more careful in the future about how you word things in your ads. I can see where he thought that sending the funds right away was what you wanted hI'm to do. Imo it's really not fair to put all the blame on him. Should he have contacted you first? Probably, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you worded your ad in such a way that it sounded like anyone who wanted the animal should immediately send the funds to insure they are the first to pay other wise they lose out. Have you called paypal and verified that he is claiming you owe the whole amount? Have you submitted proof to PayPal of the partial refund? The screen shot you posted doesn't show any details just what the original transaction amount was. I've disputed transactions and asked for partial refunds before and it didn't show up in that view but when I clicked on the transaction to see the details it showed I was only seeking a small portion of the original amount.
Since you ignored me the first time I'll post it again. Read the part in bold. Click on the transaction and take a screen shot of the dispute notes, I'd like to see what they say.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #64
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Adam, you may risk Paypal thinking this is a partial payment which they don't cover if you say something about the amount. My feeling is that you are possibly being set up.

If this person was going to pay tuition in another day, wait, he should have the $ tomorrow unless he was fibbing. He can still send the balance. Paypal is not the only way to pay.

If he wants to play games, just wait for Paypal to work through it. Don't be pushed or bullied into doing something that might block your refund (like his multiple entreaties that you drop the claim).

I disagree, Lucille.
I believe this was an honest miscommunication.

Let me say this, to help clear some of the tuition and funding confusion.

I have my car insurance set to automatically pay from my paypal.
Let's say it comes out on the 15th, but I don't have the funds in my PP to cover it, it then draws from my bank account. However, I don't get paid till the 17th … I won't bounce the payment because it takes 2 days for the payment to hit my bank account, so buy the time PP sends the request to my bank, my paycheck has been deposited.

When issuing refunds, I believe the amount needs to be in your PayPal account. It takes a minimum of 2 days for a transfer to hit your PP account.

-----
As a buyer (Adam), I would not stop the claim; but y'all have to stop telling the seller (Bob) to hit refund. If he does so as it stands, Adam will have $927 & $500 … how is that fair? If I was Bob, I would not do that.
All that can be done at this point is to wait for PP to resolve the claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-24-2016, 06:43 PM   #65
Gastro3003
Again...snake ...THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED

HERE IS MY PARTIAL REFUND ..and his hold for the ENTIRE AMOUNT (after fees)

I have really nothing else to say
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #66
Gastro3003
Refund
Clearly stated
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2016, 06:45 PM   #67
Gastro3003
If I refund now he will get an extra 500!!!!

All he had to do was wait a day or so for the balance

Again
As with everything in my life as a physician for 20 years I learned a lot from this experience. And believe it or not I do appreciate everybody everyone's input!

Old 05-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #68
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastro3003 View Post
Refund
Clearly stated
Actually I would have to disagree with your statement of " their is the refund"

You sent Adam a payment of 475 and it was not even with "real" money!
It clearly states the funding method was paypal smartconnect which is their credit line!
So basically you blew the WHOLE 927 somewhere!!

Old 05-24-2016, 07:54 PM   #69
Gastro3003
That's exactly correct. As I have said the money was withdrawn for tuition automatically. I had to use what was left on my credit card and my PayPal credit card to pay him the most I was able to!

Anyway good night to all and thank you

Old 05-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #70
Black Adder
Couple of problems my mind has with episode is coincidence....and I really do not like coincidence.

An issue I also see is that since paypal divorced from ebay last year their banking practices have sped up tremendously.
If I transfer from my paypal balance to my bank, instead of the 3 to 4 days it used to take it is now near instant and always is there next day.
I would assume their withdrawal from your banking account has also undergone the same transformation. I have to assume this as I have my paypal account set up to take advantage of paypal generously giving me a 14 day interest free loan on my purchase with the "pay after delivery" system.

If we look at what we know ( and we are missing a fair bit of info as we do not know what your paypal balance was before the 927 was added or indeed just exactly how much the tuition fees were) then it looks like there was only 25 left from adams 927 payment, you then "borrowed" another 475 from paypal credit to make it to 500 returned to adam.
I really wonder what would have truly happened if adam had not "loaned" you 927?
I just dont buy into the "carefull planning" of 2 days after the paypal tuition payment is scheduled you would have funds available
sorry but it just rings too many alarm bells here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!