Jim Case, Jason Koscak & Jeremy Clark - Cleveland,TN outback2404@yahoo.com (BAD GUYS) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
reptileman1
Angry Jim Case, Jason Koscak & Jeremy Clark - Cleveland,TN outback2404@yahoo.com (BAD GUYS)

These three guys, spearheaded by Jim Case of Cleveland, TN tried to rip me off for about $3000.00 on 12/28 - 12/30/04. I secured a CB H.h. horridum shipped DELTA for $1050.00 via Western Union, the balance on the albino balls was to paid by overnight check. When the animals didn't show up on the 4 PM flight on the 29th I was told by Jim Case that Jason Koscak had chosen NOT to send the animal DELTA because the 10:35 flight out of Chatanooga, TN was delayed and that it would arrive EARLY AM UPS on the 30th. They chose to send a POISONOUS reptile and 2.0 adult ALBINO ball pythons via UPS instead!

The UPS tracking number checked out but the AMAZON.com box arrived empty of reptiles and half open. No bags or other evidence that the animals had EVER been in the box, the Hand Warmer (22 hour at best?) heat packs were stone cold and the box was oversized with only crumpled newspaper for packing and insulation (NO STYRO at all). Repeated phone calls yielded no results so me, my son and a good friend drove 7 hours to thier front door, gave them thier empty box and collected the money and left.

We were VERY fortunate to have had things go as smoothly as they did. I would NOT recommend this approach generally. The best policy is DO NOT send money to unknowns, especially by Western Union.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:33 PM   #2
ChaosCat
Um, don't you mean venomous?

Its a good thing you weren't far away to get your money back. Others might not be so lucky.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:45 PM   #3
snakebstr
Scam buster

I think we need to start kicking the scammers in the face to make them realize that ripping a fellow herper off is out of the question. Allen, I am glad things went well for you. Jeremy Clark has ripped several people off in the past. Several people are after his *ss as we speak. He has his coming and if he keep trying to rip people off someone is gonna really hurt him and his friends. I know I would do just what you did if they ripped me off. As a matter of fact Jason Koscak was trying to scam me out of 100.00 for a helix unit. I didn't put it together until Terry called me and told me what happened to you. That is when I noticed that the Jason that ripped you is the one I was supposed to send the 100.00 to. Hope he gets stopped from doing this to anyone else. Thanks DAVID

Old 12-31-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
steveingram
I need jeremys contact info.

Does anyone have his contact info? Phone number, adress, etc? I would appreciate it. He still owes me 1400$, I went to his house last year after he screwed me out of alot of animals. He is a little bitty sh*t that gets very scared when someone shows up at his house as 10 PM. I drove 7 hours to get there! And I'll do it again!! I got most of my animals back but he had already sold my albino boa and some other stuff. He signed a contract infront of me and bob hammond stating that he would pay me back my money .....guess what....in never happend.
Anyway, I am in the process of taking this little punk to court and hopefully getting my money back that way.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Steve Ingram

Old 12-31-2004, 03:04 PM   #5
snakebstr
Address

Here is the latest address I got for Jason koscak, I am not sure how he is connected with Jeremy but I believe BOB said they are buddies or he uses that name. here it is Steve.

Jason Koscak
972 6th st. n.e. #2
Cleveland, Tn 37311
And E-mail
Outbacker2404@aol.com

Hope this helps STEVE. Thanks David

Old 12-31-2004, 05:47 PM   #6
5StarrMorphs
Again

Fortunately Alan, you got your money back.

I posted a reply on a thread about Veasna Muth and heres the link;

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...499#post208499

Several people have contacted me about what I did to recover my investment. I have also replied to some that haven't.

KS, Fauna, Reptibid, and others are only an honor system and after enough people have been burned or wronged are they able to suspend an account and/or ban them. They are NOT the solution to a theft recovery, only a conduit for those that haven't purchased yet to be able to find out in a nutshell if they are good or bad people. Assuming you have spelled their name correctly.

Most thefts through the herp world are done through the internet. Thus making it an internet theft crime. As I said in the other post, it is a big ticket item. Making it alot easier to recover your money. The ONLY true solution to a theft is to contact the local authorities where the theif or thieves reside
, and/or where you sent the money. It is their job to fix it. Obviously the more information you have on the individual, the easier. Also for those that don't use Paypal, set up an account. It would seriously benefit you in the long run if you have spent 2000 dollars. A measly 50 bucks for Paypal fees are worth it. I would not suggest EVER using a money order for the purchase of an animal as I have been scammed, the first and only time I have done it.

Hopefully for those that missed the other thread, or have been burned, they are reading this one. Your money may only be a phone call away. In turn you help the next guy buying from making the same mistake.

Jeff & Starr
5StarrMorphs

Old 12-31-2004, 07:18 PM   #7
jkobylka
Angry crazy

I live only 10 mins from Cleveland, TN. I didn't know this joker even existed. Good luck working things out and hopefully this thread will stop the transaction before it happens next time... I doubt those snakes were ever in that box.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:33 PM   #8
Sunset Gecko
Lightbulb Thankful

I'm so thankful I started viewing the BOI before I've ever been scammed.....I keep hearing all these horrible stories over and over. I know one thing. I can promise you all that Sunset Gecko <b>WILL NOT</b> rip you off or give you all the bs all these other breeders do. I know I may not have quite the *urban* or *tremper* reputation of honesty and quality, but I haven't been breeding for near as long. I'm surprised I've managed to blindly slip past all the mines set up by these scammers, and for that I am truly thankful. I hope that some of them start getting punished in court.

Old 01-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #9
steveingram
Thumbs up

David,

Thanks for the info!!!

Steve Ingram

Old 01-01-2005, 11:31 PM   #10
snakebstr
No problem Steve, How is that little pastel male doing? See ya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!