Bad Guy Core McDaniel/ Mark Braud scammed me out of $200 - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #21
Randy F
any word from your bank yet? I only do friends and family if I know the person and just want to put the fee's on my business credit card on my end. The only time I have asked for friends and family is when something happens where I think I am getting scammed. For example a guy just wanted 2 snakes and sent the money over but his address was unconfirmed. I said I can ship to a fedex hub where you have to provide ID in your name, or you must confirm the shipping address. I denied payment so he could confirm the address. He resent with a different address, but it was still unconfirmed. I told him I could ship anywhere if he sent it friends and family, but would not ship unconfirmed and no boi presence good or bad.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #22
XxBLUExX
Called my bank again today they seem clueless. They're saying that I need to go through PayPal because they don't think there's anything they can do when I've already told them PayPal said the same thing and said I needed to get ahold of my bank. As of right now they seem like they could care less about getting my money back. They aren't concerned so I suppose I'll just chalk it up to a loss.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #23
bobcochran
Where do you bank?

I'd consider changing banks. My local bank has helped me out of situations like this several times, even when dealing with Chinese knockoffs.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:54 PM   #24
bcr229
Depending on how her PP account was funded the bank may not be able to do anything. If the bank account is linked directly or if the card was processed as debit and not credit then there's no protection.

The best option is to fund your PP account using your credit card, not a debit card or direct link to a bank account, as your credit card will fight a lot harder to protect you.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:11 AM   #25
tlmoon
The only other thing I can think with the bank is report it as fraud. They often have a fraud unit or trained people that may know more than the standard customer service people that answer the phones. Tell them you want to report a fraudulent transaction. But if debit vs Visa, yeah you could be out of luck.

Interesting point Randy, about friends and family from the seller's perspective. I hadn't really thought of that. Obviously this doesn't apply to Rebekah's situation here, but scammers can be on either side of the transaction. All the more reason to root them out and expose them where ever we can.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:37 PM   #26
XxBLUExX
Got his phone number. Would love advice on contacting his local pd also got his location. Mark Braud has been pretty much interchangeable this whole time I'm %100 sure it's him. Not trying to figure out what to do. My bank is still clueless on the matter.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2017, 02:38 PM   #27
XxBLUExX

Old 02-24-2017, 07:09 PM   #28
bcr229
So a Google search finds the text: scammer Core McDaniel/ Mark Braud 985-335-5793

Old 02-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #29
tlmoon
So that phone number 985 335 5793 comes up as Hype Exotics in Franklinton, LA. 985 is an area code for southern Louisiana so that matches. Washington Parish Sheriff’s office is http://wpso.la.gov/ 985-839-3434. I would call and ask how file a complaint about this guy defrauding you. If that’s where he really is located, I bet they are familiar with him.
There are other threads out there about this guy, I think. One was posted earlier in this thread, another is on a paintball forum. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4974393
This guy apparently uses A LOT of aliases and rips a lot of people off. He is probably avoiding getting caught by using a lot of fake profiles and scamming enough to be worthwhile, but not too much – just low enough that a lot of people will write it off as a bad experience and not go after him. Gather all the info you can and contact the sheriff there in Louisiana. Maybe with all the different scams he’s running, it will catch up to him and he can spend some time enjoying life behind bars!

Old 02-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #30
XxBLUExX
Thank you everyone! I'm trying to get everyone who he's scammed together. I hear he's been back and forth in Louisiana. A lot of people know of him. Sad a simple name search could have saved me this money and bad experience. I appreciate the help very much!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!