Good Guy Bob Clark - Good Experience Overall - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:25 AM   #1
krampvs
Bob Clark - Good Experience Overall

Some of you may have read my inquiry regarding Bob Clark, asking for advice about shipping and communication practices.
Overall, my experience was positive with Bob and I would definitely buy from him again, however I would not use the online automated cart system through his website (or anyone's, as a matter of fact).

I used the online cart to purchase a mall banana ball. I live in MA, where temps have been very low (20Fs) all week. I contacted Bob through Email and Facebook to see if he would be holding off on shipping because of the weather. I didn't receive a response from him, but I did receive a shipping label.

This shipping label said I was going to receive the snake at 10:30am the following morning,which is when I started to panic. I took the morning off from work to be home for when he arrived.
He didn't arrive that day, and I would later learn that the tracking number for the shipping label was voided. I was slightly frustrated I took the morning off from work for a false alarm.

The day he was initially supposed to arrive, I received another tracking number/shipping notification.
Again, I panicked but called FeDEx to ensure it was an actual shipment..indeed it was. Luckily I was able to reroute him to a FexEd facility next to my work, where he arrived the next day and I picked him up.
He is a beautiful snake and very healthy looking, save for some extremely minor scale damage which has already started to heal.
Bob contacted me through Facebook several hours after I picked him up asking about the shipment and whether I was able to get him safely. I let him know that I did and he was all set, and asked about the small scale damage to his side. I haven't received a response yet but I understand he is very busy.

This may sound more negative than positive, but I blame the shipping issue on the automated cart system (and myself for using it). In the future when buying from Bob, or any breeder, I will be sure to establish communication beforehand and avoid any type of cart system. It's a learning experience to say the least

However, I did receive a beautiful, healthy snake which was my main concern all along. And, Bob did get back to me when he had the chance which I appreciate.
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
hotlips
I'm glad this all ended with a happy landing. Beautiful snake...& may all your future dealings go smoother, with less confusion.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
Lucille
Rachel I linked this thread with your prior one referencing Bob Clark. I think it is fairer to him that way, because over the years threads get separated and memories cloud, and it may be that people would not necessarily associate one with the other without a link.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Rachel I linked this thread with your prior one referencing Bob Clark. I think it is fairer to him that way, because over the years threads get separated and memories cloud, and it may be that people would not necessarily associate one with the other without a link.
Excellent, thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!