Breeding Redtails - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 04:17 AM   #1
1red03cobra
Breeding Redtails

Hello I am Waid, I am wondering exactly how to start breeding my redtails.Before you assume I don't have the experience to do it,I promise that I have been around reptiles for 8 years and was a Partial owner Of Pampered Reptile and have owned dozens of reps,But I have never gotten into breeding because I never had the time,until now.I have a Female 60% het for Albino who is around 7 1/2 feet and a Male that is pushing 6 feet. I do keep them both together,I know its a big no no in some peoples books but the guy before me kept them together in a hundred gallon tank and now they are in a 165 gallon so Space isnt much of an issue.I do have thermostats,Plenty of heat pads and lamps.I'm not in the breeding process for the money,not saying that it wouldn't be nice but I'm more about the enjoyment of saying I did it.

Any help would be certainly appreciated
Waid

Old 08-12-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
1red03cobra
I'm sorry I re-read my post and the ending made it seem like I wasn't worried about the little buggers if I would have them.First off I have plenty of TEMPERED GLASS Displays I currently have the 2 possible breeders in my 165 that has 1 inch thick tempered glass so please oh please don't sit there and tell me how aquariums are bad for snakes.I also already have homes lined up for 4 snakes as gifts to trusted friends if she were to produce.I also am aware that there are red tail boas left right up down and every other direction,but as I said it would be for the experience,if I like doing it,I would imagine going into less common species.But if it seems to be out of my league I can stop at the common 50 dollar pet.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
hhmoore
Waid - I moved this to the Boa Discussion forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!