Awesome TreeFrog!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
Tears_and_Fangs
Talking Awesome TreeFrog!!

My boyfriend caught this the other day. All I know is its a green tree frog...so if you know something about it (like what kind it is) I would be interested to know. Anyways, he tells me that it is doing fine and feeding and all that jazz...He's really cool, were prolly going to keep him for a pet.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
nativecollector
Unless I am missing something it is an american Green tree frog.
Notable things
Gold spots on the back.
White stripe along the side.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #3
Tears_and_Fangs
Yup, I've had him for a while now. He makes a great pet, I mist him often and he eats like a champ!

Thanks for the comment! ^_^

Old 10-10-2005, 09:46 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
Growing up, my mom had a bunch of potted plants in the kitchen. In those plants were 2 green tree frogs. They lived for a couple years in those plants. She would once a week leave the plants outside overnight so they could eat and do their thing.

Funny what things you can remember just by seeing a picture. :scatter:

Old 10-11-2005, 08:59 AM   #5
Tears_and_Fangs
Weird that they never got out and left when she put the plants outside, thats cool.

Yeah I agree, it is funny the things you can remember after just seeing a pic. =3

Thanks fer' the comment!

Old 10-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
Rebel Dragons
I thought the same thing so I asked her. She said they never really left the plants that she saw. She was worried that once outside they would jump off but they never did. Obviously they had made a home and didn't feel like moving.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #7
nativecollector
I know that the few that I have hanging around on my front porch (numbering around 10-12) have never gone futher than the shrubs just off the porch. I see them night after night. I normally try to put as many into my treefrog set up as I can but for some reason I have never messed with the ones on the porch. I did last year put a kids pool out with some things to climb on and I saw one pair around it but never saw any little ones around. So for them to stay put in a small area would not be unusual. However what did they do in the winter time. If they were down south where it don't get all that cold they probably were ok, but if it got below 50 at night then they should (should being the key word) have left looking for a place to cozy up for the winter.

I have a lot of experience with these cool little frogs, but the one thing that I have not yet done is be able to get them to breed in captivity. I figure if the whites tree frog is such a good pet why cant the American tree frog be one too.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #8
Rebel Dragons
I grew up in Central Florida so it was pretty warm even in winter. Perhaps they are territorial in a way. It would make sense to stay where there was water and good food.

Too bad you never did get any tadpoles. That would have been a cool site!!!

Old 10-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
Tears_and_Fangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I thought the same thing so I asked her. She said they never really left the plants that she saw. She was worried that once outside they would jump off but they never did. Obviously they had made a home and didn't feel like moving.
Wow, they just moved in on ya'll or more like your plants,lol.

They do make cool pets in my opinion if you know how to properly take care of them, they do have to be misted quite often. x.x

Oh I have a funny story about that frog,LOL!

One time my mom was washing the dishes and I walked out of my room with him on my arm to go show my mom how used to me and tame he was. She saw him and was all like, "Don't let that thing jump and get away in the house" and I said, "Nooo he's really quite tame and calm actually." And...as soon as I said that he leaped about 2ft. into the air and right down on top of my mom's clean plates....she had this pissed looking face, but I laughed all the way back to my room.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:56 AM   #10
Reptileking636
lol, sounds like something one of my beardies would do. Why does it seem that everytime you catch something you keep it as a pet or sell it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!