Toucans - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
bllanosr
Toucans

After I saw a couple pics of some toucans, I fell in love with them. I'm new to the avian world, so I was just wondering what are some good resources on the care of toucans. I've already visited emeralforest, toucanjungle and the birdsoparadise websites. I read what was available but I feel like there's more to it. Well at least I think there should be more to it. Are there any good books, forums, websites on caring for these beautiful animals. The only book I found was a 32 page children's book on Toucans. Also how much do they generally sell for. I know the price vary depending on demand and availabitiy. So far it seems that Tocos go for $10K. How much do keel billed, and Swainson and the red breasted go for. My favorite right now is the keel billed. Thanks for your time and info.

Also feel free to suggest other birds for a newby.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
you should talk to Fox at The Foxloft. Nice girl, and really knows her stuff about the animals she keeps!

http://foxloft.com/exotics

Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Robotchicken09
not anything different from any other bird besides the fact they have iron storage disease and need low iron softbill pellets and fresh fruit every day. also the cage needs to be big enough for them to hop around in, they dont fly as much and cant climb on the bars. love to hop though. the bars dont need to be thick and strong like for macaws and cockatoos because of their weak jaw muscles. i recommend a man named chad jensen for your bird. emerald forest can not be as trusted. his site is www.bpaviary.com. swainsons make the best true toucan pet and you can get them from chad for around 5k

Old 05-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
Robotchicken09
my name is Brock, mention me to him

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!