How to ship frozen - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:11 AM   #1
Reptiles 101
How to ship frozen

So I have someone interested in one of my deceased animals and I'm trying to figure out how to ship to them because it has to stay frozen. I know ship your reptiles doesn't allow dry ice dose someone else allow it?

Old 09-03-2016, 05:49 AM   #2
Badassbugs
I use technice sheets and usps expedited shipping to ship my frozen products. If you pm me I can give you a link or just look them up on ebay, they get as could as dry ice but dont release any cO2

Old 09-06-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
robyn@Pro Exotics
Did you get this shipment/transport accomplished?

Dry ice is a touchy issue. Using it can cause all kinds of issues. The main problem is any air/express package that ends up on a plane, and contains dry ice.

Ground packages aren't much of an issue, but a few years ago we had a customer put an Overnight package in the system that contained a small amount of dry ice and we caught holy hell about it. FedEx was very angry, and the FAA(!) was very angry. Yep, you get to hear from the federal agency that regulates airlines. No fun at all, and they aren't all that excited to hear any pleas of ignorance or "we didn't know".

Unfortunately, it's easier, and safer, to just have a "no dry ice" policy.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:13 PM   #4
Reptiles 101
Ok thank you. The compony i was going to ship to decided not to even do experiments after i had a ton of deceased animals in my moms freezer. But thank you for all the info.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:45 AM   #5
CliffsideExotics
Was it the guy in Kentucky asking for deceased dragons on a genetic origin study? If you still have them, I know a SoCal local that'll buy the dragoncicles off of you

Old 09-30-2016, 03:46 AM   #6
CliffsideExotics
She was the one vending behind me with the wet specimens, cleaned bones, and skins at the Anaheim show

Old 09-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #7
Reptiles 101
Yes i do still have a couple of them. Do you have there email or phone number?

Old 09-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #8
CliffsideExotics
Crap, I don't, but I'm sure you're going to the January show, right? She'll probably be there

Old 09-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #9
Reptiles 101
Stuff hasnt been selling lately only sold 3 in the last 2 months so might get out of breeding the dragons. I should be attending the show but might not be vending, my mom loves to vend at the shows so ill see what she wants to do.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #10
CliffsideExotics
Could always try Facebook, I've sold most of my stuff there, I actually sold out of leopards within a week of posting

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!