Snake Getters site needs a new home - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-16-2004, 10:33 PM   #1
snakegetters
Snake Getters site needs a new home

My account on kingsnake.com was suspended because I stated that Ray Hoser's performing venomoid "surgery" with no anesthesia and no license to practice veterinary medicine was cruel and illegal butchery.

I have no intentions of asking them to reinstate it, even though I think they made a serious mistake in enforcing what they claim as their own terms of service. The quality of discussion on their forums has dropped considerably in the last year or so, possibly due to their policies on whom they choose to suspend or censor. I see no further point in participating there.

I am now looking for another hosting service for my web site. If you know of a server that will donate space for an educational site, please let me know.

Old 08-16-2004, 11:33 PM   #2
ms_terese
Hi Tanith,

Please email me and let me know how much space you need for the site. We should be able to assist.

Sorry about your problems with KS.

terese@junglemistreptiles.com

Old 08-17-2004, 01:41 AM   #3
RNPreptiles
Thats a pretty stupid reason to ban. They seem to have more traffic in the forums, though.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:36 PM   #4
WebSlave
Tanith,

I supply webhosting through FaunaNet for a measily $10 per month. You may be able to find cheaper, but you won't find better hosting services.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:02 PM   #5
Mustangrde1
I broke one of my own rules and after seeing this and curiousity being what it is I went over to Kingsnake and read the articles. I can not see where you violated any rules. I do not understand what they were thinking. You clearly pointed out your views and concerns.

Ray actually posted he knew he would get flack for what he said and if anything his post were inflametory. Why isnt he censored. I honestly beleive kingsnake does not care about anything more then having { popular people } post and they get special treatment where as anyone who wishes to see things diffrent are penalized for it.

His { elite comments and apparent over whelming desire to write more papers} shows me he wants nothing more then popularity. My opinion is he does not care near enough aboutthe animals as he does his on ego.

SHAME < SHAKING HEAD>

Old 08-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #6
Gregg M
Hey Tanith,
I am not suprised to hear about what happend..... KS let a fool get the better end of the stick for some reason..... Ray Hoser is a joke..... And most people with a brain in their head knows it...... Unfortunately KS has its head up its rear end...... I dont understand how KS can take the side of a self proclaimed reptile mutilator over someone that actually cares for the well being of these animals..... Its all about the cash...... I am sure if you speak to Will, the same guy who does Scotts and my hosting he will be more than happy to hook you up with a sweet deal..... His hosting is great and there are never any problems.....

A side note: Did anyone ever read his piss poor book on varanids???? If you are going to write a book, atleast lable the animals correctly...... What a jack arse......

Old 08-25-2004, 05:53 PM   #7
psilocybe
Hoser is the big ol' nasty sweat stain in the smelly armpit of venomous herpeteculture, or even just herpeteculture in general. If only there was a suitable deoderant to wipe out the stench he permeates through our hobby:Puke:

Old 08-25-2004, 06:53 PM   #8
robin d.
Quote:
deoderant to wipe out the stench he permeates through our hobby
hydrchloric acid???

Old 08-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #9
psilocybe
I thought about it, and perhaps "blistering boil on the ass of venomous herpeteculture" more accurately describes Ray Hoser.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:04 PM   #10
Gary O
Tanith

I am happy to here you went with WAW hosting. You will find there is not much better then WAW Hositing out there. Will takes pride in helping in any way he can. He is all about the Hobby as you seen with what he hooked you up with. lol

http://wawhosts.net/

TRR is hosted on his servers now. Everything from the store front to the forums. I have never had a problem and Will is always looking to better them servers. You will be a very happy camper with WAW Hosting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!