Fresh out of shed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-21-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
wvaherp
Fresh out of shed

All 4 of my snakes have shed within the last week so I snapped a couple pics when doing some spot cleaning tonight. First off is my 2016 hypo BCI, Anna. This was actually her first shed for me. She measured at 27" using one of the measurer widgets. The camera on my phone doesn't do her colors justice. She's fairly dark overall, but still no actual black pigment on her except her spots.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
wvaherp
Another shot of her.

Once the other images finish uploading, I've got a couple shots of my BRB Lucy, and CRB Lillard (used to be Lilly until I felt hemipenes...)
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
wvaherp
This is lucy. She's a late 2014 (I believe) BRB. Showing off her white-walls this evening.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #4
wvaherp
And Finally, a couple shots of my 10 year old male CRB Lillard (leaving out the wife's California king since he wouldn't be appropriate in the boa subforum AND I didn't feel like messing with him. He's a cranky little guy...)
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2016, 12:55 AM   #5
Randall Turner
I like the crb. I had some years and years ago, they were nice to keep.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #6
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
I like the crb. I had some years and years ago, they were nice to keep.
Yeah, I still find it funny when anyone claims that they're difficult to keep or that they tend to be "nippy." I used to have Lillards sister too, and outside of taming them down as babies, they were both as trustworthy of snakes as I've ever kept. Even when they were little squirmy babies I think I got tagged twice between the pair.

I had a 3 year old boy (who had never even seen a snake in real life) try to "pet" Lillard in the face before I could tell him it wasn't a good idea and all he did was try to go around his hand and climb on his arm.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Great looking boas, love the BRB. Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Great looking boas, love the BRB. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. I've loved BRB's since I was a kid seeing them at the National Zoo. Nothing else out there quite like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner
My big male crb was the first snake one of my friends daughter held. She was 2 or so at the time and had no problems at all from him.
Honestly, the only snake in my house I would worry about with my 15 month old is my wife's California king. At this point I'm more worried about her hurting them than the other way around. She does show quite a lot of interest in all of them, but the way she is with our dogs (thank god those "mean" breed dogs are so loving and sweet...), I'm not taking the chance until she's a bit older and understands my instructions on handling them. I can't wait until that day I can let her handle my snakes, though.

Where I really got lucky was with my wife, though. I was gonna buy her a pink AR stock set for Christmas a couple years ago, but she wanted the little king snake instead (which cost more, after buying a setup for it). Funny thing is, she will happily handle my boas and enjoys them quite a bit but she is apprehensive about her feisty little king sometimes. I do have myself to blame for the latest puppy being in the house according to her. I sorta brought my BCI home with no notice, and her reaction was "now you can't complain when I bring a puppy home!" Not too bad of a trade off, I suppose (except it means I'm buying dog food for a 3rd large-breed dog now, lol).

Old 12-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #9
Randall Turner
My big male crb was the first snake one of my friends daughter held. She was 2 or so at the time and had no problems at all from him.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:34 PM   #10
wvaherp
Had an opportunity to snap a couple pictures of Anna, my '16 hypo that was the first one pictured in this thread, in the sun while it was fairly warm today. She's approaching 5' long now. As usual, her pinks don't want to show up on camera, but her oranges sure do pop!

Can't wait to breed her to my motley sunglow, Helios, when they grow up.

Sent via an android carrier pigeon using the robotic pony express.