Reality, or really not happening. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
DJB-VARANUS
age CAN mean sometning... but im 16 and keep currently 2 large iguanas, 6 larger monitors, a ton of dragons and theres constantly more coming into my home. i persnally think as long as your mature enough to care for them, and do things RIGHT then go ahead. have you thought about a CBB savannah? not huge, not small and common enough. im not a fav of savsa they are too small for me LOL but the are a great beginner monitor if you ask me. that was my first monitor.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
FLAherper
Im bringing this thread back up.
Sometimes Im really unclear on my posts when I go mobile, and then people post something about a gecko and stuff kicks in.
Big responsibilty to care for a medium to large monitor and Im not taking this lightly.
Im actually currently becoming emancipated though, so no I wont be living at home. I actually have a friend who worked at a LARGE place who is going to hire me when I go to college. Hes a reptile breeder thats a little under the radar but I could keep anything I currently am working on...
btw as of know Im shooting for diamond jungle carpets in next 2 years, Picked up unrelated pair.

Thanks

Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
ShortStack
You said you're becoming emancipated so you won't be living at home- So how will you afford to have a place big enough to have the space for such an animal? I do think that age can mean something. Sometimes it means you are mature and responsible enough to "go big" so to speak, and sometimes it means that you're not. I think it really, really just depends on the situation and the person. I'm not discouraging you, just trying to get you to think of those little things. You are a minor, so by law you can only work so much in a week. If this changes because of emancipation, feel free to correct me. But that being said, if you can only work a few hours a week, how will you afford housing, food, other living expenses(gas, insurance, ect), on top of caring for your animals? Think about these things and don't make a quick decision.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #14
ShortStack
Just so you know though, but here in Florida a minor cannot be emancipated until they are 16. Not sure how far off you are, but if you have about a year, then you should really discuss having a large monitor at home with your parents in the meantime.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
blyndsnypr
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterHerpetological View Post
If you're only 15 I'd say you're still a beginner bud. Lol

I was supporting 8 boas, 6 beardies and a sav when i was 13. just because he is young, doesn't mean hes a beginner

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!