Reptiles and birds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #1
juhason
Reptiles and birds

Hello everyone,
I want to one day in the near-ish future (within a few years) have a huge naturalistic enclosure, so I am starting to do my research.
I have this crazy idea that maybe, possibly, I could have both birds and reptiles in it. Birds and reptiles are my 2 favorite pets. I mean I'm talking a huge enclosure, at least the size of a room. I can't seem to find much about this at all on google. I found one thread about beardies and finches but the answers were about 50/50 so it didn't help me much.

So my question is, do you guys know if it is at all possible to keep certain reptile and birds in the same, very large enclosure? I don't want like tons of birds and reptiles in it, maybe like 2 birds and a couple reptiles or something. I could go either route- desert or tropical. Like I don't know, bearded dragon and cockatiel or budgie, or like some other small tropical parrot with a small lizard species. If anyone has any experience or knowledge on this, I'd like to hear it!

Old 10-03-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
juhason
Oh and also I know I was mentioning only lizards and parrots but it doesn't have to be limited to that.

P.S. I currently own a bearded dragon and 2 doves. The bearded dragon is in her enclosure and the doves are walking around room at the moment, and the bearded dragon doesn't seem to mind at all. That's part of the reason I was thinking maybe it can be done.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #3
Roscoe09
In the zoo that I volunteer at they have a few exhibits with birds and reptiles. The one on the top of my head is red footed tortoise with a small parrot species (I don’t remember the actual name). Also the peacocks hang out with the sulcatas as well, but that’s not something for a room for obvious reasons. Good luck with your search!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!