Iguana and moving - international - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
blyndsnypr
Iguana and moving - international

ok, so my family recently decided to move to Ecuador, dont ask, and i know iguanas are abundant in the wild there and also a large iguana park is pretty close to where we will be moving. So my question is do can I bring Lucy, my iguana, to Ecuador? i just rescued her and don't wanna have to give her up

Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
AGoodwin
I dont see why not. The hardest part is going to be arranging the transport, which will probably be expensive. You should double check with local laws regarding animals, but I doubt it will be a problem. Being as the animal is going to have to go through customs, Im sure that some sort of health certificate from the vet will be required. For a starting point, I would contact the airline you will be using and go from there.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
link: http://www.gringosabroad.com/can-i-b...ts-to-ecuador/

this lady brought her dog to Ecuador from Canada and states:
"As far as getting an animal into Ecuador goes it’s a fairly straight forward process — as long as you follow all of the Ecuadorian guidelines. I phoned the Ecuadorian embassy in one city and the Ecuadorian consulate in another just to cross check information"

"Any problems we did encounter were with the airline(s) themselves, so my advice to anyone considering bringing their pet is to make sure you double or even triple check any information they give you."

another link: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_br...dog_to_Ecuador

"Importing pets such as dogs, cats, and birds in permitted, however you will need to coordinate with the Local Ecuadorian Consulate prior to arrival to obtain the necessary documentation.

For a $50 fee, they will provide you with a 'Animal Health Certificate', but they have some requirements of their own. "

more info at the links of course.

I don't know how up to date that info is but at least it gives you the names of some places to contact (Ecuadorian consulate, USDA)

good luck!

Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #4
blyndsnypr
but i dont know if i should bring her. i dont know the food or money situation and seeing as shes a rescue and not fully healthy, i dont know if its a good idea...

does anybody know of anyone that wants a beautiful, but spoiled, iguana in a few months?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
AbsoluteApril
maybe you can post her in the adoptions section here on fauna, might get more interested that way.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=465

If you end up having to move and haven't found her a new home, try contacting this Ohio rescue and they might be able to help too:

http://www.arrowheadreptilerescue.org/

good luck!

Old 03-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
blyndsnypr
think i might have to put her on the adoptions section.
she's a great animal but it would be just selfish to put her through all that without me knowing if i can even care for her properly. also don't know the quality of vets over there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!