Stolen Turtles, Please Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
PotterJ
Stolen Turtles, Please Help

Please let me know if this is not allowed here.

Attention Reptile Friends please let me know if you hear of any Red Eared Slider Morphs being sold in the St Louis area. I had 4 stolen a few days ago. A Robert/ Trish line hypo male, a pastel female, a 100% het albino male and a large normal female. They were taken from the stock tanks in my backyard. Please if you hear of anything please contact me, half of my RES project is gone now. Please share to spread the word. I will pay a reward to anyone with info that leads to getting these turtles back.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Hi, Jay. That is terrible news. I have moved it to the Police Blotter section in the hope that it can generate more attention in that section.

Think of the people who knew about your stuff at all. Customers, sellers, people you have had conversations with, and more. Keep a sharp eye out on Fauna, Kingsnake, Facebook, and Craig's List. In my perception, that is not a random theft.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
LauraB
Jay, if you have photos of your stock, those morphs .... anything, any photos that might help to ID if someone in your area (or someone who even uses a fictitious location) advertises to sell them, then please post here and on other herp/turtle forums you may participate in.

Nick is correct; who, locally, might have shown interest in your stock? More interest than just the local kids who like turtles?

I've had stock stolen; I should have seen it coming when I confronted the same grown man twice sneaking around in my side yard and later my back yard before the theft. I yelled and threated to call the cops and he left both times. Then I was robbed a couple weeks later when I was at work.

I was naïve and stupid, and definitely NOT suggesting you are stupid or naïve, but yeah, think about those most "interested" lately.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:40 AM   #4
PotterJ
I agree that this was not a random theft. I have one person who I suspect might be involved with this, as not many people knew that I even had RES morphs let alone that I was keeping them outside during the warm months of the year. I am looking through pictures now for recent ones of the stolen turtles, I will post pictures when I find some decent ones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!