Chinese coronavirus - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 03-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #301
JColt
Coronavirus precautions lead to rat problem in New Orleans

Old 03-28-2020, 11:52 PM   #302
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Just got a text that someone at my work may have coronavirus. My lungs are not in greatest shape right now due to sanding. I may take off from work if that is confirmed.
Here's the deal: Many tests can take a week or two to come back. There are new tests that are faster but not yet widely available.
Waiting for confirmation is a risk.

If your lungs are impaired I would suggest that you take off now and not tempt fate by waiting. You KNOW your lungs are impaired, but while you wait for X's test to come back, Y who is showing no symptoms at the moment could have a conversation with you and infect you.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:22 AM   #303
WebSlave
Heck, I wouldn't knowingly go anywhere that there was a known infectious person that has been there in the past couple of days. The virus can live on some surfaces for a week or more. And it can hang in the air for 3 hours just from an infected person breathing, not necessarily coughing or sneezing, just waiting for you to breath it in. An unanswered question is can the virus settle on something, remain infectious for several days, all the while becoming airborne again whenever some air movement picks it up? Washing your hands and avoiding touching your face won't do a darn thing to prevent something like this.

There are a lot of unknowns about this thing that people may be taking liberties with. Yeah, I know some people will say "it's just a flu", but I'm just not buying into that. Governments don't act like this with "just a flu". So they know something they are holding close to their chest. At least in my opinion.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #304
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Heck, I wouldn't knowingly go anywhere that there was a known infectious person that has been there in the past couple of days.
The timeline is the problem. People who have been exposed and infected can shed it for several days before they feel ill. Then, when they finally do go to the doctor, patients get tested first for influenza because it's still more prevalent. It takes a few days for the flu results to come back, and only if that is negative does the patient get a CV19 test, and that result takes another 7-10 days.

If the US had acted like South Korea, tested everyone who was suspected of having it quickly, and then gone back to forcibly quarantine everyone who had interacted with the infected person for the prior week, we wouldn't be seeing nearly the number of cases. We simply couldn't do that: not enough tests, our society would never agree with the amount of power the government would need to enforce such a quarantine, etc.

Old 03-29-2020, 03:57 PM   #305
JColt
Well I am in isolation and not good news. I'm in isolation because my symptoms mimics virus. I am told I have congestive heart failure. This morning I was fine, let dog out then couldn't breath. Like I'm dying can't breathe. Went to emergency room. Told I have extreme heart murmer, enlarged heart. Sent to other hospital for isolation. They did screen me for covid 19 and said will have results tomorrow. The have me on a diuretic and a heart med patch. Right now I'm pissing every 5 mins and nausea from nitro. First time since I was 5 years old in hospital and of course no visitors allowed.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #306
AbsoluteApril
I hope you have a speedy recovery Joe, hang in there

Old 03-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #307
Insomniac101
Noooo, Joe!

Have you known of your heart issues before this, or were you diagnosed when admitted to the hospital?

I hope the docs can help you get to feeling better! You're in our thoughts, and please keep us posted.

Kathy

Old 03-29-2020, 05:28 PM   #308
bcr229
Oh damn. Prayers for you and your family Joe.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:45 PM   #309
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Well I am in isolation and not good news. I'm in isolation because my symptoms mimics virus. I am told I have congestive heart failure. This morning I was fine, let dog out then couldn't breath. Like I'm dying can't breathe. Went to emergency room. Told I have extreme heart murmer, enlarged heart. Sent to other hospital for isolation. They did screen me for covid 19 and said will have results tomorrow. The have me on a diuretic and a heart med patch. Right now I'm pissing every 5 mins and nausea from nitro. First time since I was 5 years old in hospital and of course no visitors allowed.
Heck, Joe, hang in there! Just tell your heart to not be a quitter and not let you down now. You've got too much you want to do to be laid up. And tell that damned virus to leave you alone too!

We are all praying for you, Joe.

Old 03-29-2020, 06:13 PM   #310
JColt
Thanks all. Just put heart monitor on me and have me something that is making me tired. Will update tomorrow.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!